smudgley Posted February 19, 2010 Share Posted February 19, 2010 My eggs are due to hatch tomorrow, and I've got the next lot ready & waiting to go in the incuabators. As you know my one incubated overheated then died & Lewis very kindly got me out of trouble by lending me his, however we didn't need to use it as we got ours repaired after temporarily keeping it warm, until we got the incubator part, but we have kept Lewis's on standby for the duration of the eggs just incase. I'll keep you posted. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted February 19, 2010 Share Posted February 19, 2010 Could you refresh our collective memory Smudgley....well mine at least & tell us what you are expecting please Good luck for tomorrow Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smudgley Posted February 19, 2010 Author Share Posted February 19, 2010 SUre, I don't think I said as I've not been on here for a while. This time we are expecting.... Light Sussex, Blue Orpingtons, Cream Legbars and Cuckoo Marans. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 19, 2010 Share Posted February 19, 2010 Fingers crossed for a good hatch! I'm glad you got your incubator problems sorted out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 19, 2010 Share Posted February 19, 2010 Good luck! for the Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
meezers Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 it's tomorrow !!!! any signs of hatching yet ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 Good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smudgley Posted February 20, 2010 Author Share Posted February 20, 2010 Not much happening yet....hopefully they should start doing something soon. These lot are my first this year & I'm really excited. I've got 20 kids (12yr olds) coming for a party soon & 12 of them are sleeping over Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 ooooh rather you than me (on the sleep over ) I will keep popping back to check on the eggies progress Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 I don't think we'll be hearing much, Smudgley's hands are full today Unless she get's her priorities right and knows she has to keep her chick aunties informed Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smudgley Posted February 20, 2010 Author Share Posted February 20, 2010 10am...10am...10am...10am ok enough about the party.... some of the eggs are chipping now & the little poppets are chirping. We set them very late on the evening when they went in, so technically they should hatch tonight.....I'll keep you posted. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 The weather'll probably slow them down, and when the incy was off might slow things down too. Hopefully you'll have some chicks tomorrow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted February 20, 2010 Share Posted February 20, 2010 Are you Mad Woman? 12 kids sleeping over? My idea of a nightmare! So the very best of luck with that! Fingers crossed for a good hatch, hopefully hear some good news soon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 Have the kids gone yet? any chicks hatched? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 I can see her lying on the floor exhausted with little chicks running all over her pecking her hair. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 surrounded by mess and empty Coke bottles kind of like a hangover but without the pleasure of having been drunk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smudgley Posted February 21, 2010 Author Share Posted February 21, 2010 NEVER AGAIN! They've gone. My daughter has always had a big birthday party & then a mass-sleepover since she was about 7. It's always been such a fantastic atmosphere & they really are good kids..... but now they are 11/12 & are a bunch of hormonal teenagers (kind-of teenagers).... not the usual cuddles with each other on arrival, just grunts & snorts.....not the normal teddy bears & cuddly things in their overnight bags, just make-up & straightners..... they were good, but got very little sleep (if any) so I think that will be the last of the big birthday sleepovers. They used to be happy watching any old DVD, but this time it was a whole job in itself deciding what to watch & there little moody faces if it wasn't going to be something they wanted!..... A good time was had by all.....Enough of that............... We have one legbar out & doing well & some others on their way.... will update with photos later. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 Glad you came out the other side unscathed physically if not mentally Even better news about the chicks, good job done by the sounds of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 @ never again.. I did think you were brave Well done on the chickys, I will keep popping back for updates. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted February 21, 2010 Share Posted February 21, 2010 Congratulations on surviving the 'sleep'over I banned more than 2 kids from staying over years ago Good news on the chicks look forward to the pictures Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...