BeckyBoo

why do my rabbit insist on sitting in the rain?

Well it's been drizzling all evening this evening, turning to proper rain, my bunnies run has no roof (apart from wire) so I duly went out to put the cover on to stop them getting soaked and give them some fresh hay and what do I find about half an hour later? They're both sitting in the one corner that's NOT covered and getting soaking wet? Should I leave the cover off? I, personally, don't think rabbits are as domesticated as say cats and dogs, and I know it's natural behaviour for them to be out at night whatever the weather, but for goodness sakes!

Should I just leave the cover off? I'm quite new to outdoor rabbits, well, to rabbits in general really, I thought they'd appreciate being able to be outside without being wet? :?

BeckyBoo

All of our rabbits, past and present, opt to sit on the lawn in the rain. They have plenty of places, including their eglu and run to hide under when the skies start falling, but they will stay out in the rain for as long as they can! I only worry if it is COLD and raining or if it is really heavy rain and then I encourage them inside!