Martin B

Teenagers and bedtimes!

Seriously Martin...we pull your leg about it but you must get plenty of sleep!!

At your age you do most of your growing when your asleep, so if you want to be 6'4" then it's early to bed.

At your age your brain is going through a sort of rapid alteration phase and you need as much sleep as a baby.

That is why teenagers change from little ones who are up at six to grumpy 15 year olds who stay in bed till 3pm at the weekend.

Fresh air, good food, plenty of sleep and a couple of chickens...what more could a boy want!

Sleep Training - that's what you need Martin! :wink: - like you use for 8 month old babies who have to learn to go to bed and get to sleep :wink:

My mum spend years doing that with my sister. She's now gone back to how she used to be when she was three months and now she's been a student doesn't have a sleep plan! :lol: All those late nights wasted!

I must admit the latest I go to bed is 11pm and that's only on Saturdays! See I'm a good girl! :angel:

Mind you next week's half term and I'm going to be shattered! I have to do my Science and Maths revision for my accelerated GCSE's the 2nd week back! Mind you I understand direct and indirect proportion and strange graphs with x squared in! :dance:

Ooooh! I can't wait until Lauren changes from her early waking to being a stay-a-bad teenager - I'm going to drag her out of bed at crack of sparrows to make a cooked breakfast - 5.30am at the latest! :lol: ..... then we can play games and do jigsaws........ she's going to be soooo happy :wink:

...... just as happy as we've all been for the last 9 years :roll:

Egluntine - Martin is tall enough already - perhaps he should be excused early nights? :?:wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

My three share share a room at the moment (till we move - did I mention that I had a lovely new house, but wasn't allowed chooks :evil: ), and at the moment we are woken every morning by Caitling whispering loudly 'Owen.....Ooooweeeeennnnnn.......', follwed by 'SHUT-UP Caitlin', followed by 'Owen.....Ooooooweeeeennnnnn......I love you Owen.....', followed by 'SHUT-UP Caitlin', followed by 'Oweeen......did mummies alarm go off yet?'........folllowed by 'SHUT-UP CAITLIN', followed by me saying....'right, get up then'..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Duncan sleeps through the whole thing every morning, and has to be dragged out of bed!)

:, followed by me saying....'right, get up then'..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say that every morning too! After what feels like hours of two little boys stage whispering to each other across our bed (because they like to get in with us at 6am :roll::roll: ) 'Right, lets ALL get up then shall we? :evil: '

My three share share a room at the moment (till we move - did I mention that I had a lovely new house, but wasn't allowed chooks :evil: )

I know this is off topic - but have I missed something Shona? What's this about not allowed Chooks?

I can't wait for Stefan to have a little sibling to share a room with, although I probably won't be saying that when they're arguing in the morning :D

What time do they start that then Shona? :roll:

Some mornings it isn;t too bad, and they wake up fairly close to the alarm time, but then there are days like today, when we were woken up at 5:45 by Caitlin skipping in the living room..... :roll::roll:

My three share share a room at the moment (till we move - did I mention that I had a lovely new house, but wasn't allowed chooks :evil: )

I know this is off topic - but have I missed something Shona? What's this about not allowed Chooks?

The deeds came through for the new house, and one of the clauses states that you are not allowed to keep poultry in the garden, despite the selling agent assuring that there was no such clause when we went to view the house.

See this topic! http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9001