ali-s

Linkabord - Raised Beds

I have just ordered 3 raised beds kits from

www.linkabord.co.uk

When I origianlly went to order them online the postage was quite steep due to my location.

I have ordered them by phone and the postage has been reduced from £10 to £5 :D

Also instead of ordering individual pieces to make the beds I have ordered a complete kit (well actually 3) and this works out cheaper. The lady I spoke to say they have an offer on the kits. The kits are not shown on the website.

Linkabord's phone number is 01773 590566

:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for that Ali - I'm looking to buy some raised beds for the garden at the new house, so may give them a phone later! How did you manage to talk the postage down so much!

:?:?:?

How bizarre - surely you've bought pretty much the same products that you would of for the higher postage?

Never mind! A good result in your favour! Will definately phone them, rather than do it online it that case! :D

You know I am often put off buying things because of the postage costs to get them delivered up here :(

The internet is great for researching and ordering out of office hours. Now I shall give the company a call to see if ordering by phone is cheaper.

Off to do some research :wink::D:lol:

Mine were delivered this afternoon. :shock:

How's that for service! :lol:

The lady I spoke to on the phone yesterday was really helpful...so I think its the sort of company we Omleteers like to do business with.

If the weather is decent tomorrow I'll have a go at putting one together.

Mine have arrived as well :D:D

No card through the letterbox to say they had been delivered. Just been out to the shed for corn for the Chickens and there was a big cardboard box :D

What brilliant service, all the way up here in 2 days :D

I've had a peek inside the box, what a lot of pieces :shock: I hope there are 3 beds in there.

My first one went together very easily....its like lego for grown ups. :lol:

Instructions are on the website.

I realise that I've got nowhere near enough compost, so a trip to B&Q is on the cards for next week. :roll:

Can't wait to get cracking with some planting up....but realistically it is still too cold here.

Hello, I just picked up on this thread - I bought a Link-a-bord kit about three weeks ago.

It has a 1 metre square deep bed, 1 metre square shallow bed and hoops to make a cloche over the whole thing. £45. (whole thing is 2metres x 1metre)

Decided that the cloche part isn't for us - good idea in principal but doesn't quite work.

The beds themselves are brilliant but the do need a lot of soil/compost.

My three beds are made :D I made them in the living room :lol:

They are much bigger than I thought they would be :shock: even though I had measured out the size and compared it to our coffee table :lol: I will have to find an awful lot of top soil from somewhere :?

Egluntine the dowels are about twice the length they need to be. Are yours the same? I wanted to cut them to size but OH says to leave them and push the extra dowel into the ground :?

Ta Dah!

Raisedbed.jpg

Not quite finished....the bamboo canes are just there as a rough guide.

So far this has taken 150L compost, 20L topsoil, 10L vermiculite, and it is only 2/3 full.

Back to B&Q tomorrow.

Should I add some sand to the mix??

Am going to leave it to warm up for a while before I start planting.