Torrin Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 We have a very enthusiatic newfie puppy who yesterday bounded over to my 2 yr old and knocked him flying. Unfortunately he was standing next to our summer house which has glass windows to the floor. Not sure I'll get the image out of my head for some time of seeing my boy fly head first through a pane of glass! I think my heart has just about started beating again! Fortunately he's fine, after numerous hours in A&E he just has a couple of steri strips on his nose, but I can't help thinking of how much worse it could have been Am feeling like a very, very lucky mummy this morning with a happy healthy boy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Glad to hear he's all ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 my goodness me what a lucky lad nows the time to put toughened glass in the summer house or perspex windows. *passes a strong cup of tea and slice of cake* I am sure you need that now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Oh goodness me, how upsetting for you. I must admit when we bought a greenhouse I bought one with plastic instead of glass as I could just imagine footballs going through glass let alone one of the kids. I'm so glad your little boy escaped with a few s"Ooops, word censored!"es instead of anything worse. I put my hand through a glass door (with some help from my big brother ) so know how dangerous it can be. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 You can get sticky plastic to go over the glass so that if it gets knocked the pieces stay together Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Oh my goodness! So pleased he is OK! When I was 13 I was wrestling with my Dad and we fell through a plate glass door Luckily neither of us was hurt, and we found it hilarious, but my poor Mother was in pieces Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickenanne Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Por you! It must've been horrible. I've never fallen through a glass window, but have fallen through a floor (very old barn with an upstairs). "Fortunately" landed on my parents car. Yes, it did get dented....They were less than happy - I think the words were "you'll heal, but the car won't!" All kids have scary accidents, it's jsut part of life, but it must be really difficult to watch it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 We put perpex into our summerhouse and into a glass fronted cabinet in the house when our children were little. we also have a perpex greenhouse. I hate the sort of thin glass that these things are made of and think that they should all come with a perspex alternative. Glad that no lasting harm was done. Children are a constant worry and even with the best laid plans they will find ways to hurt themselves. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 I'm sorry but the dog has to go. It just so happens I may have a vacancy .............. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 I fell though a mirror when I was one, my dad pulled me out without a single scratch. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
karlotta Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Glad to hear he's ok! But.... we need to see puppy pics!! I've got two newfs too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...