Margalot Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 Well I know someone will be able to advise me! But how do you clean Stainless Steel appliances?? we have a new Fridge Freezer and range cooker fitted, and would really love some tips for removing marks etc? Dont want to ruin them by starting off wrong! Thank you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 I use a bit of baby oil on kitchen roll brings it up a treat! not too much though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickinboy Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 In kitchen-housey-type-shops they sell E-cloths. They're fairly expensive (think mine was about £7), but are washable, so last for years probably. You just make the cloth a little bit damp, and wipe over anything - taps, splashbacks, kettles....all come up shiney with no blury bits. Also good to use something that doesn't come out of a packet covered in chemicals and go in the bin after! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 We use baby oil too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 I use flash on mine,then buff it with some metal appliance wipes I found - Mr Sheen I think. Is it a shiny or anodised (brushed) finish? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margalot Posted May 5, 2010 Author Share Posted May 5, 2010 They are both brushed finishes also we have had a vertical radiator (brushed stainless steel) installed , where they have been put into place they are marked up etc. We haven't moved back in yet, but wanted to clean through before we do and make my new kitchen all sparkly! Will call into the supermarket and have a look for this cloth, I didnt want to use anything which might damage them! This is the first time we have chosen out own kitchen, every house we moved to already had a kitchen we could live with, so excited.............I promise to keep it clean ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
debbier Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Bar Keepers Friend is brilliant for cleaning the surfaces. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 for that reason, I never buy anything in stainless steel! Use the Method stainless steel cleaner - comes up a treat on my folks' microwave. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 for that reason, I never buy anything in stainless steel! Use the Method stainless steel cleaner - comes up a treat on my folks' microwave. I was just going to post about that as we have tried everything and that's the best on our brushed ss. If you use Ocado, Method are three for the price of two at the moment. I use a 99p microfibre cloth to wipe it off with although Method do a grey one to colour co-ordinate. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fluffyknickers Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 I just bought some stainless steel cleaner from B&Q was only a few pound and made the toaster, bin, sink and cooker hood nice and shiny! If you have limescale round a sink then get rid of that first - the kilrock gel is BRILLLIANT! michelle Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
iar fach goch Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 I also use e cloths, have had my kitchen and cloths for over 2 years and have never used anything else to clean them with. As stated they go in the washing machine and you don't need to use any chemical cleaners with them. Also fantastic on tiles and granite work surfaces - great results with minimum effort! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...