gooner.girl

Ducklu coming! :-)

Have ordered my ducklu tonight!!! :lol::lol: (well its a blue eglu but will take the roosting bars out and keep as a spare set for the chickens) So excited! It will come next week - on our wedding anniversary... What a present! Shouldn't everyone have an eglu for their 4 year wedding anniversary present? Much more exciting then paper or cotton or whatever! :wink::lol:

I have to wait another 6 weeks for the ducks though :( Thats ages... Still at least the eglu is a start! Time to get the garden re-turfed and sort out pond etc.

I hope the chickens will be ok with them - they'll only be 6 weeks or so when they come... Will have to keep them apart for a while i guess. Dunno what Milo and the cats will make of them either... :?

No Eggs! :?

I like the name Kolo! :lol:

We don't need eggs Martin! We are inundated with them already!! :lol: Our neighbours bought us an egg box back today and we filled it again for them - we have loads. Duck eggs are not a big concern!

Reason we didn't have girls is that they are much noisier then the boys... And plus you can't call a girl duck Kolo! :wink::lol:

(well you can, but is open to ridicule from football fans.. :?:wink: )

And plus you can't call a girl duck Kolo! :wink::lol:

Yes you can, someone on here had 2 hens called Robert and Collin!

The blue is gorgeous! between dark and light blue, not wishy washy! Difficult to describe, but I love it!

I bet you're counting down the days!

it is a difficult decision! I called so many times before mine was delivered! Jan called me the day before to double check I definately wanted blue!

Blue/green/blue/green???

Then Jan offered me PURPLE! Oh my! Decided on blue finally, but my next one will be purple!

(Still working on OH)

Reason we didn't have girls is that they are much noisier then the boys... And plus you can't call a girl duck Kolo! :wink::lol:

you could cal a girl duck Eboue... he's a bit of a big girl's blouse!!

but - hey!! - fantastic news re. the ducklu!!

Phil 8)

you could cal a girl duck Eboue... he's a bit of a big girl's blouse!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

WOW Helen, I go away for the weekend and what have you done!! :lol:

Bought a ducklu !! :shock::lol:

Great news though that you thought BLUE was the best colour, which it surely is!! I cant believe you didnt go for red?? :?:lol: Hee Hee.

Well done though on getting a great anniversary present and I cant wait to see pictures of your new arrivals and their new pond and their lovely BLUE home. :dance::dance: