skye

Calling south-east Kent Omleteers!

Hello all you lovely Kentish Omleteers,

Just moved into the area - a village near Ashford in Kent - we've plenty of chicken 'supplies' at the mo which we brought with us, but wondered if you guys could recommend good local chickeny places for things like pellets, aubiose, corn etc nearby?

Also, for future reference (ahem!) the best places to purchase chickens?

I've seen a few recommended vets here on the forum, but if anyone has any personal experiences to recount on the subject, that would be great.

Thanks very much in advance! :D

skye x

Gill at Mumbles Farm, at Borough Green is fantastic, has loads of different breeds.

She can be a bit scarey sometimes as she is a proper farmer, and used to think I was mad but now she understands how much I love the girls and how well they are looked after, she now thinks its great.

I buy all my bits from Frogpool Manor in Chistlehurst or order from Flyte so Fancy.

Hope that helps and welcome to the mad world of Chicken keeping.

There's a place called ark birds and bee's near charing. I know they sell chooks and ducks but I'm unsure as to whether they do other chickeny bits.

I think I may be ringing them at some point this week in the hunt for day old chicks. I've got a hatch that I don't think is going to happen :(

Welcome to the area :D

I buy my food at Pets at home Chatham as it's more likely to have the D&H pellets that mine are currently on. I also buy at Lillico's for Aubiose, and one of these days I intend to visit Ark Birds and Bees at Charing (which is between Maidstone and Ashford on the A20). Again, one of these days I will get around to getting some Garvo food....

P

Welcome to the area! I'm only just classed as Kent - technically SE London and a friend of Jimnpaula. I also get my chook stuff from Pets at home. Not sure about where to get more chooks from but i've been told Ruxley Manor have them. Woodlands Farm in Welling used to have chooks for sale but a fox got one of their breeding pair - I don't know if they have any more yet. They did have frizzle/pekins before.

Hello - another one from Kent/S E London border. Ruxley Garden centre have nice chickens, got my last two girls from there and they are lovely. I also buy my chicken stuff from Frogpool but its probably too far for everyday stuff for you.

There is a Pets at Home in Folkestone, just off the M20 which is not too far from you either. Its in a shopping retail park.

hey

I'm in faversham so very near you :) i use Faversham feeds which has a big chicken sections and horse bedding etc or there is forsham cottage arks in ashford but i've not been there so i'm not too sure what they have in the store. If your after hybrids i use Churchman's farm again just outside Faversham.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't noticed there is an omlet meet on the 26th of june there is a topic about it here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=61594&start=15

Beth

:D Thanks so much for all the lovely replies people, and all the great recommendations! I didn't receive any notifications by email so it was a nice surprise when I logged on this evening.

I think I'm going to like living in Kent!

skye x :D