Tom and Barbara

PINK wellies it is!!!

Congratulations :D and a lovely choice of name.

Natalie was a chewer as well. Born 4 weeks early, a 5lb s"Ooops, word censored!" of a thing with her bottom two front teeth through :shock: Both teeth fell out when she was two and she was gappy until she was 6 :lol:

:anxious::anxious::anxious::anxious::anxious:

My darling Owen was a 'chewer'

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:shock::shock: Oh I remember it well! :(:(:( I gave up feeding my first son after 2 weeks because of this, and no one showed me how to get through it. Then a male doctor had the absolutely FRONT to tell me I just hadn't tried hard enough :evil: I tell you that man came darned close to having HIS nipples chewed that day! :twisted:

Congratulations on the pink noodle by the way :lol: And the answer to the above problem is nipple shields for the first week - don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the PINK news! I was green with envy, until I reminded myself about the sleepless nights, vomiting, dirty nappies, stretch marks and labour pains..... :wink::lol::lol: It's all worth it, mind!

:shock::shock::shock::shock: ..... i opened my pregnancy and birth guide, saw the word 'tearing' and returned it to the library. i intend to spend the rest of the pregnancy in a blissful state of denial!

Natalie was a chewer as well. Born 4 weeks early, a 5lb s"Ooops, word censored!" of a thing with her bottom two front teeth through :shock: Both teeth fell out when she was two and she was gappy until she was 6 :lol:

:shock: ok and we have what defence against chewing???? please tell me there's a nipple guard or something..... i have my nipple cream for cracking and thought i had it sussed :cry:

And the answer to the above problem is nipple shields for the first week - don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :lol::lol::lol:

*sigh of relief*

Edited by Guest

there is something very special about having a daughter........... you can do all kinds of girly things together :wink::roll::roll:

i sooooo haven't planned all the trips to go look for pixies in the woods and the domestic bliss baking and egg-painting and little mini garden growing...... :wink:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

And there you have the exact reason you let the little angels off when they spend the first 6 months chewing......

Wouldn't change my lot for all the tea in China despite the early bad habits! :D

there is something very special about having a daughter........... you can do all kinds of girly things together :wink::roll::roll:

i sooooo haven't planned all the trips to go look for pixies in the woods and the domestic bliss baking and egg-painting and little mini garden growing...... :wink:

The absolute best thing about having daughters is that you will always have a best friend.

I am sure sons are wonderful too, but my daughters understand me as only another female can. They know when I am feeling down & know how to cheer me up (& where the corkscrew is kept :wink: )

And of course the things you can buy for them are just great - I love shopping for my girls :P

:roll::roll: Sounds lovely, whereas the boys gallop through the woods yelling war crys and hunting for sticks to fight with; have flour fights when we bake (and are really only interested in licking out the bowl afterwards); making mud pies in the garden etc. :lol::lol: But they are great fun! And I do have a lovely step daughter with her own daughter so when I think I'm missing out on all things girlie I go and spend time with them! Best of both worlds. 8)

I'm lucky enough to have both....and they certainly are different.

With boys what you see is definitely what you get.....they don't fall out and hold grudges in the way that some girls can..... they spread mud everywhere and don't seem to notice....the break furniture by just glancing at it...they smash windows with their footballs....eat you out of house and home, especially when they are teenagers.....go through a phase of communicating in grunts from age 13-16 and drive you completely round the twitty....but they are considerate, protective, helpful, generous, very funny and useful for lugging bales of Aubiose and sacks of layers pelllets around.

I wouldn't be without them and feel very blessed to have had a mixed family.