sezra

A housekeeping question.....

I have had my chickens for 2 weeks now. :dance: My set up is a Eglu Go with a walk in run about 9m square. I have newspaper in the eglu tray and change and clean this regularly but I put down a whole bale of Aubiose in their run so that the ground wouldn't turn to a muddy mess. I was wondering if this is the right thing to do with the Aubiose and how often should I change it and put down fresh? Thank you! :D

Yup, that sounds about right :) . I change mine every 6-8 weeks

That sounds good. What about poo picking? Do you ever pick the worst out? I keep worrying about flies! :anxious:

Although I have found that it seems to get trodden in/disappear into the Aubiose. Thank goodness it isnt smelly! :D

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I put all the aubiose through a garden sieve every 2 or 3 weeks. Takes all the poo out and looks great when its done. Actually only takes about 30 mins. The last Aubiouse I put down lasted over 3 months, but it is on slabs so doesn't get muddy.

I s"Ooops, word censored!"e up the curry poos :vom: with a 24p car ice-s"Ooops, word censored!"er (Tesco bargain!) and then hand pick the biggies - takes 5 mins :)

I use a spatula thing at the moment (never to be used in the kitchen again!) :lol:

Only half of the run is covered so some of it does get damp if it rains. I think I will have to try and cover more. I suppose I will get into my own routine with changing the bedding.

OH was having a big moan this morning as I hadn't poo picked from when they were free ranging in the garden yesterday. :roll: Think I will go and chat to the chickens! :lol:

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I put all the aubiose through a garden sieve every 2 or 3 weeks. Takes all the poo out and looks great when its done. Actually only takes about 30 mins. The last Aubiouse I put down lasted over 3 months, but it is on slabs so doesn't get muddy.

that is a great idea I will be copying that! thanks LOL