hello all, we got our chickens on staurday (Babs and Ginger) and are very happy with them both.

Just one question though, do they always poo this much? We're a bit taken back by the amount of cleaning we're doing at the moment, it certainly isn't as easy as the little movies on the eglu site suggest it is.

thanks

stu

Yep....they do poo a lot Stu. See the thread Poop-a-matic Chickens further down the "Chickens" page or click here for a quick link.

You'll soon get the hang of it. They shouldn't need cleaning out more than a couple of times a week.( Psst......the Eglu doesn't have to be absolutely spotless all the time) And the manure is fab for your veg garden.

I'd echo that! Don't worry about it. Clean out the eglu twice a week. In the height of summer, I found once a week was fine as they don't spend so much time in the eglu.

When I first got mine, I washed everything down twice a week - and enjoyed it! Now I wash it once a month and don't worry about it! :D

Just you wait! Your grass will be nice and green with all that fertilizer 8):lol:

unless the chooks free range

then their mud will be well fertilized :roll::lol:

I would also heartily recommend aubiose - ClareT got me onto it- thanks Clare! a few scoops in the poop tray and when you come to clean out the poop just slides off into the compost bin - and no smell - FAB :D