Lesley

Senior Moments

:lol: Heres a Senior Moment .. I learnt this day last year.

"when blowing up heart shaped balloons ... wear safety goggles"!.

One exploded in my face last year, the rubber snapping back into my eye ... really sore, and could not see anything but red for a couple of days :oops: .

This year I am prepared .. using the kids bob-the-builder goggles, while inflating. 8):lol::lol::lol:

\Sarah ...

:lol::lol::lol: Ended up a bit "CHICKEN" in the end .... put on the googles and got the balloons inflated (welll as far as I would push it), and they did not look heart shaped :wink: , so I gave up and left them on the kitchen table.

8) When the kids came down for brekky, they said "WOW, look at the heart balloons" :arrow: Graham, had come in from night shift and done them :P , even putting them on balloon sticks in a vase :D .

Sarah ... with heart balloons on Valentines Day. 8)

I don't do Valentine's either - you wouldn't believe all the horrible things I've had to put up with over the years, so when I met Carl I just told him i'd rather ignore it! He still checks every year, bless him.

18 Years Kate! - which one's that - Knives or Guns!? :twisted::lol::oops:

:oops: We don't do Valentines either .. but being me I get silly with balloons, so the kids had these and heart shaped chocs on the table when they came down this-morning. :shock: Graham also admitted to being "Chicken" when inflating the balloons .. they are really hard to do because of the shape.

I have posted 1st egg ... well, Valentines Eggs in the gallery. :wink: , the boys were most impressed that the girls had both laid an !egg! , for them on Valentines .. and are reciprocating with Sweetcorn for their Valentine treat :roll: .

Sarah

Lesley, :lol: Gingers egg is the lighter of the 2 and non-speckled.

Peppers !egg! 's are usually a bit smaller, and darker ... but not today, and vary in "speckledness" :wink: .

Handy they are so different .. stops the kids fighting. :roll: .

Sarah (green eglu):arrow:GNRPP

This is SOOOO weird - my pepperpot lays pale creamy brown eggs and my gingernut's are always much darker and speckly! Trust mine to get it the wrong way round !

Kate ... who's to say YOUR chooks are the wrong way round :?: .

Reckon the genetics get a wee bit mixed up when the hybrids are produced ... wait till we find a GNR or PP , laying Blue !egg! 's .. now that would be :shock::shock::shock: .

Sarah ... (green eglu)GNRPP

Not thick at all Kim.

In my case, I watch which hen goes into the eglu and see what appears when she goes out. If they are both in there at the same time - confusion reigns! I'm lucky at the moment because Clarissa lays about 2 hours after Jennifer so I have time to see what they both lay. Jenny's are definitely paler and more tapered than Clarrys which are generally speckly.

If your girls don't lay at the same time, you can spot the differences.

Have fun egg inspecting!

Kim

With the first two we watched to see which chicken came out of the Eglu and looked straight away to see the egg. Tallulah and Millie lay differently coloured eggs so it wasn't a problem after that.

The next two, we knew that Mrs.W. would lay a pure white and Lottie should lay a dark egg. We were just worried that Lottie would lay an egg the same colour as Millie PP as her egg is quite dark, but Lottie's egg is noticably darker and speckled.

There is a photo of the four different colours in the Gallery. Ellie will lay blue eggs so we will then have a set of five differently coloured eggs!