Roobaloo

Rickets?? Edit - *sad Update

Lil'un was humanely euthanised this morning.

She had been showing great progress but seemed to be giving up. she was getting increasingly distressed when handled...and She had started to poo where she sat, so she was beginning to get in an awful mess.

She was 4 weeks old today and still looked the same as she did at two weeks.

Rest in Peace, Lil'un.

fh1.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Still heartbroken as she was such a bubbly little thing, it's not the same going into the "brooder room" now as the others just look at me...she used to sing and get all excited and shuffle to the front of her brooder.

Really miss her but I know it was the right thing to do.

Now need to figure out what to do next...I'm back to where I started - facing the prospect of raising one solitarty legbar chick. :doh:

Her current companion is a Poland chick which was on loan...due to go back next weekend. The breeder has said I can hang on to it for now but the Legbar has started to peck its head feathers, so it now has a friar tuck 'do with a bald spot....so I'm reluctant to leave them together for much longer incase the pecking gets worse.

keep an eye on the Poland, they have a hole in the top of their skull and pecking there can cause a nasty wound

chicks seem drawn to the poland domed skulls for some reason, all of mine had bald heads so I had to separate the Polands from the others

This is what worries me...and why I want to return it to the breeder ASAP!! :( Last thing I want is another injured (or worse) chick!!