hippy chick

abandoned rabbits

someone had just dumped 5 rabbits on my daughter. :eh: She said that the lad who she knows was going to feed them to his dogs :!: if she didn't take them off him :vom: .

There is one adult rabbit and four young rabbits about 4 weeks old.

How on earth could someone could do such a thing.

What am i supposed to do with 5 more bunnies :think:

I have tried my local pets at home but they are full up.

Any suggestions for rescue centers near pontefract.

Hope you can find new homes for the little beauties. 4 weeks is quite young, is the adult rabbit the mum? Baby bunnies should be with mum until around 8 weeks when they are fully weaned. The thought that he was going to feed them to the dogs is horrible! :vom:

Glad they came to you, who can find them homes than stayed with the other owners! Have you got any pictures?? :)

Please someone correct me if im wrong, but if they are litter mates the same sexes normally get on fine living together, for example two females from the same litter. Sometimes they have to be neutered but I have two female litter mates (un-neutered) living together and they get on absolutely fine. Also a pair of male & female normally get along fine (obviously one has to be neutered) but otherwise you could keep them separate. :D

Hi,

The rescue centre we got Dougle from has an amazing set up, When she gets a bunny in she bonds it into

a group of bunnies. The resuce centre is called Fat Fluffs maybe worth giving them a call.

Don't worry about them being males and from different littlers etc, I have bonded males for years and not problems.

[http://www.fatfluffs.com///url]

they are gorgeous, no wonder you want to keep them all! I've seen rabbits and guineas living very happily in a huge colony at a kids place near here, called the Hop Farm. admittedly, they do have a big walled area, but they all seem to get along fine.

They do,There's alway a king and queen rabbit that rule the rest though. :lol:

They are so adorable I don't know how anyone could even dream of throwing them to their dogs. :twisted:

I have had a go at sexing them my self and I think they are all girlie's, knowing my luck i'm probably going to be completely wrong :doh:

I am probably going to be on this forum all the time asking for advice, Especially on bonding them with my soon to be castrated bunny. I really hope that they all just play nicely :D

Both the youngsters seem to be chasing the mummy bunny around quite al lot. So I decided to have another go at sexing them today. A few days ago they definitely looked like girls, but now they both seem to have empty testicle sacks and the bit that pops out looks like a slug! So I presume that they are males and are starting to become mature. I definitely can't keep them now because I don't think that a mix of three males and one female would be such a good idea.