Looney Posted January 7, 2011 Share Posted January 7, 2011 I had the flu jab on Monday and, as yet, no obvious side effects. I decided that as I will be in hospital soon having a baby and as the hospital is on mega-flu alert (not the official term!) I would prefer to have been vaccinated. I think I'm more worried about catching flu from inside the hospital than outside of it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 8, 2011 Share Posted January 8, 2011 I agree with Scarlet - I have people who come in and say "I've got a bit of flu" - a bit - its a cold you silly person - if it were flu - one you couldnt get out of bed and two why are you here spreading germs to GP staff , pregnant women, kids elderly and immunosupressed. Makes me mad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted January 11, 2011 Share Posted January 11, 2011 I work for the out of hours gp service, please try to keep things in perspective. Out of every 50 calls for people who think they have flu - probably 1 does. If you have a compromised immune system then you need a flu jab. Please bear in mind that tamiflu or any flu jab can make you feel really quite ill Personally I wouldn't take tamiflu even if I had swine flu. so true!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted January 11, 2011 Share Posted January 11, 2011 I agree with Scarlet - I have people who come in and say "I've got a bit of flu" - a bit - its a cold you silly person - if it were flu - one you couldnt get out of bed and two why are you here spreading germs to GP staff , pregnant women, kids elderly and immunosupressed. Makes me mad. welcome to my world Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 11, 2011 Share Posted January 11, 2011 Listen Hon - I'm in your world - the worried well are driving us mad. We have been told our few boxes are for those at risk. I had an earful off a pt today about something different and felt upset after (I'm a sensitive little soul) so rang one of the GP's to sound off - she was surprisingly suppiortive. the poor recpetionists get the flack bless em - I'm often the shoulder - great British public - you know where I;m coming from. Chin up love - have a glass of wine on me!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 11, 2011 Share Posted January 11, 2011 PCT has said we have to offer to Post Natal women of up to 8 weeks - we still have a few vaccines but the worried well are poundin on the door. PCT rings daily for spares - in your dreams i think Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted January 13, 2011 Share Posted January 13, 2011 (edited) local radio this morning said we have 10,000 seasonal flu jabs available accross the county, not around here we dont : i really wish the pct would get their act together there is no point anouncing it to the world before they have distributed the vaccines ( Edited January 13, 2011 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted January 13, 2011 Share Posted January 13, 2011 Had mine this morning - no issues yet! Still confused by all the mixed messages out there - but commuting on busy trains and the London tube next month made me decide to go for it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...