Cinnamon

Delia's classic Christmas cake

Lovely festive cake :D

I didn't realise how small the photo would be until after I had posted :lol: I can see it because I know where it is at the back :lol:

Our cake tastes better than I thought so I am a happy lady, it is good what a little brandy can do :lol: We always start the cake on Christmas Eve. :D

We are very pleased with our cake, in fact so much has been eaten that by the time I got around to taking a pic of it only this bit was left

2010-12-26185643.jpg

Was going to take ours away with us - but it weighs a ton. So we are about to cut into ours in a minute. I fed mine 3 or 4 times with lots of port. I'm sure all it's weight is booze! :lol::anxious:

Emma.x

I only fed mine twice and it still weighed a ton. I had my sister and her family over earlier and sent them home with a piece of it that was so heavy it would have made a good door stop if they had decided not to eat it :lol:

Ours is wonderful too,but I also may have over fed it as the daughters were complaining of feeling woozy after eating some yesterday :roll::lol:

we tried our cake tonight,OH said it was a bit dry but I had forgotten to feed it with brandy or whatever. We will have to finish it up however it shoots a hole in the new year diet plan!!

Jackie

OK, so I am a bit behind the times, but made mine yesterday form mum's birthday next month. I have never made a fruit cake before but it seemed to go OK, poor mum has cake envy and says it looks better than hers (which can't be right 'cos mum's cakes are ALWAYS best).

But feel like I have a new pet now: snuggled up in its o layers of paper and foil, to be undressed to feed it.....

Thought I had better start a new topic....how much are you supposed to 'feed' it? Think I have drowned it.......should I wrap it back up or leave it open to dry out and for the fumes to evaporate... :oops:

I usually make mine a couple of months ahead of time and then feed it approx every 2 weeks with a syringe and needle. The last 2 years though I have been short of time and have left the fruit to soak in more brandy than advised for a week before cooking. I didn't get chance to feed either of them but they turned out just as well :D

OK, so I am a bit behind the times, but made mine yesterday form mum's birthday next month. I have never made a fruit cake before but it seemed to go OK, poor mum has cake envy and says it looks better than hers (which can't be right 'cos mum's cakes are ALWAYS best).

But feel like I have a new pet now: snuggled up in its o layers of paper and foil, to be undressed to feed it.....

That's so funny, but you are right it does feel like having a new pet :lol::lol::lol:

It will take a fair amount of alcohol, just re-wrap in greaseproof and foil then check in a couple of weeks, if it seems to moist leave it open for a day or so. Perhaps a good idea to warn any drivers who are having some though :wink: