sari

Mealworm question....

I nought some "sale" mealies from wiggly wigglers, the birds love them, so do the chooks.....although I have two worries

1) Their poop seems to be fairly dark and really stinky...is this normal...although it has coincided with them commencing laying....

2) The boss chook ahs been really aggressive again, and harries the smallest legbar away..i'm assuming this is normal..but any tip and comments gratefully received on both these questions :P

I hope I'm not giving too many...a smallish handful at supper with a bit of corn

I think the aggression by the top hen at the sight of a tasty treat is perfectly normal! My top girl always used to chase and peck poor Lola away (the bottom girl) when the treats came out - I ended up putting 2 lots out a distance apart so Lola had a chance of getting some!

Can't say I'd noticed any changes in their poo from feeding mealworms though...

hanks for the advice........I've decided to lay off the mealies for a few days, and see what occurs! I've also ( stupidly) forgotten that I've changed from Growers Pellets ( Dodgson's Organics) to Omlet Layers Mash..so don't know if that will have an effect,,probably....it does smell a lot more, and one or two look positively greyish! I've just poo picked and binned...realising 5 minutes too late that I should have taken a picture and posted in on here!!! I;ve looked thorugh the odd droppings thread..... :shock:

Thanks for the advice, and more is always welcome! Sarah x x