Chortle Chook

Which is the best breed for blue or green eggs?

I have both an Araucana and a Cream Legbar. The eggs are almost identical in colour - pale to mid blue, but the legbars are bigger. Personality wise, they are both scatty, but I at least can catch the legbar - the Araucana has a heart attack if I try to pick her up :roll:

I have 3 Columbine/Skylines...one of which lays a beautiful blue egg...the other two lay green eggs...one being a pastel green and the other a light sage green sometimes with white speckles...I am very happy they all lay coloured eggs...they may have laid brown eggs. I love brown eggs too :D

morehens is getting the better of me - can anyone recommend a good bantam araucana breeder?

SNAP !!

I have 2 cream legbars, who have just started laying green eggs ( unless my eyes are decieving me, because most of you are saying Legbar=Blue!)

But i would quite like some Araucanas now too!

Cotswold Legbar lay amazing blue eggs with almost orange yolks. You can actually buy these eggs from Waitrose if you want to sample them. A local chicken breeder to me sells the chickens and they are absolutely gorgeous looking hens. I am hoping to get a couple myself in the spring if she still has some. They sell like hot cakes! :D

Thanks, everyone. I think I'm going to hold out for an Araucana, though they seem to be incredibly hard to get. The Cream Legbars do look (to me) a tad prettier, but so many people have told me that they are nuts. :lol:

We got our Lavender Araucana from MiniMeadows Farm in Northants. They are very good there and they sell lots of different pure breeds, including the Cream Legbar :D

I do think ours is a bit nuts, but not as nuts as our Welsummer who is truly nutty :P