chicken bark Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 Having played with the genetics calculator quite a bit I can venture that the default colour for most crosses is black so that chick could be almost anything. The obvious exception being Buff Sussex! The calculator is here: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html select 'help pick colour from a list' unless you want to be hopelessly lost Oh dear - I think I need to brush up on my German. My worst nightmare is maths and genetics look remarkably like maths equations to me. I shall put breeding genetics into that box in my brain where I don't venture without someone holding my hand. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 When I crossed the araucana cockerel with my columbine and corton blue last summer a lot of the chicks were black. some became blue, but most stayed black. All my black chicks from those crosses are green egg layers though, so fingers crossed. I will check my diary for next week and see when I can come and visit and check them out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 20, 2011 Author Share Posted March 20, 2011 Yay, good, come and see your babies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 me too? I know I have less babies.....but...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 Road trip !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 21, 2011 Author Share Posted March 21, 2011 Partayyy! Well, tea and cakes anyway! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 21, 2011 Author Share Posted March 21, 2011 Well, I hope you two dont mind, but we have named one of the chicks Sage came to see them this morning with her beautiful little girl Zoe, so... heres Zoe with ... Zoe Also, i seem to have found myself a new groomer for George! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted March 21, 2011 Share Posted March 21, 2011 My word those chicks are big already !!! Can't wait to work out what they all might be Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 21, 2011 Author Share Posted March 21, 2011 I know, i want you to tell me girls from boys, ive had a guess, going by their wing feathers, but will wait for your opinions Roll on thursday Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted March 23, 2011 Share Posted March 23, 2011 Hi chick wiggle Just to let you know big Zoe has piccy of Little baby chicky Zoe on her bedroom wall. Last night she said "night night sweet dreams" to the piccy. Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 23, 2011 Author Share Posted March 23, 2011 Awwww that is sooooo sweet, bless her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted March 24, 2011 Share Posted March 24, 2011 What a gorgeous little girl Love the pic of George being brushed with the dustpan brush Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 31, 2011 Author Share Posted March 31, 2011 A little update for you Mostin and Omeletina They are really growing well, but which is which? who knows Im guessing these first two are the Buffs as for these ???? come on then, which are boys??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 Errrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm They are all very cute........I know that much . I think I'll need to cuddle them in person to give a proper opinion on the rest. Can't wait for this lurgy to go Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted March 31, 2011 Author Share Posted March 31, 2011 Aww i hope your better soon, they need proper Mozzy cuddles Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted April 1, 2011 Share Posted April 1, 2011 Pick me!! Pick me!!! I want to come toooo!!!! If Baby Landy is back with me next week and you're better, M, perhaps we could have a road trip next Thursday to visit the babes? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted April 2, 2011 Share Posted April 2, 2011 Sounds like a plan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted April 2, 2011 Author Share Posted April 2, 2011 Has this now changed to Tuesday? Diane, can you make Tuesday? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted April 3, 2011 Share Posted April 3, 2011 Has this now changed to Tuesday? Diane, can you make Tuesday? Diane can't make Tuesday due to baby Landy being poorly , I think we will have to do the Tues after???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted April 3, 2011 Author Share Posted April 3, 2011 Okay dokey, these chicks will be laying eggs of their own before you see them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted April 7, 2011 Share Posted April 7, 2011 Here are some new photos from mine and Mostin's visit on Tuesday! and finally here we are!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted April 7, 2011 Share Posted April 7, 2011 Haven't they got big feet. Lovely pics and nice to see your smiling faces xxx Are the paternity rights sorted out now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted April 7, 2011 Share Posted April 7, 2011 We are optimistic that most might be girlies.....we reckon 2 definite boys.... I've put some videos on Facebook of the chicks and also hens! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted April 7, 2011 Share Posted April 7, 2011 I reckon definately more girls than boys Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted April 7, 2011 Share Posted April 7, 2011 Let's hope so! Sandie is desperate for that elusive green egg layer! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...