Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

You are all doing SO well!!!

I have my last run of week 4 planned for tonight and have to say, I'm actually looking forward to it!! :)

I've just had a look at what next week has in store and it says by run 3 of next week, I'll be doing a 20 minute run :shock::shock::shock::shock: That can't be right, surely?

Anyway, one step at a time, got to concentrate on this week first then worry about next week (three different runs in one week, up 'til now, it's been the same run 3 times for a week).

Sorry to keep going on, but posting on here is really helping with my motivation, feel free to completely ignore my ranting!!!!!!

You go on as much as you want, that's what we're all here for :D .

That's great that you're looking forward to your next run 8) . You'll be feeling a real sense of achievement, I bet :D . You're right not to look too far ahead, just concentrate on the next run. And don't panic if you feel one run seems harder than you expected. We all have days when we just can't do what we thought we could but the next time, you'll be back on form :) .

Sorry to hear about your knee Sparkysmum, hope it sorts itself out soon :pray:

Well, I've just done run 3, so that's week 4 all done and dusted :D (I even managed to add a couple of extra minutes to my run than the podcast said, just for good measure :angel: ) Really enjoyed it, though caught a glimpse of myself in a window as I was waddling along, NOT a pretty sight :(:(:( I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can feel the earth tremors Im creating up in Edinburgh :oops::wall::oops::(

Bramble, you aint seen photos of me running. Now that really isn't a pretty sight. In fact I don't even look at event photies any more & the children say that they can see me coming from 00's of yards away - the reddest face in the crowd. :lol:

So proud of you gal, keep on running :) Alli xx

Great start to the day. :D The sun was shining, made some rhubarb and ginger 'n' vanilla conserve (Cinnamon's recipe) then went out to Balfron 10k. Total disaster, almost last (again) tendons burning again, first aid people even stopped to see if I was OK. Crawled to the finish in 71 mins. Before this my worst ever 10k was 63 mins. Can't believe how unfit I have become. Not sure what to do now. I think I might go right back to building up from a few mins as I have really missed out on this part of my training. :(

Sparkysdad did brilliantly tho' - 56mins 40secs. Amazing for someone who only occassionaly comes out to keep me company. :D

Hope you have all had a good day. :D Alli xx

Hello!!!

Well, I completed week 5 run 1 of couch to 5k last night :D though I did find it quite hard, I kept going and even managed a couple of extra minutes at the end :D

Im supposed to be able to do 20 minutes without stopping by the end of this week :shock: which seems a very distant goal from here, but I can only try :boohoo::anxious:

Fantastic, well done :D:clap: . I can't believe it's been five weeks already :shock: .

I bet you'll find 20 minutes much easier that you're imagining :D .

(Did you get yourself an MP3 player, I can't remember? That really does help you keep going 8) .)

I know, time flies when you're having fun!!!

Yes, thanks, I listen to the couch to 5k podcasts as I run, tells me what to do and when, really don't think I could do this without the podcasts!