Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

Record your training runs here :D .

(I'm hoping the shame of having no entries will spur me on to keep up with my training :lol: )

Let's list the runs we're training for here too. I'll update this page if you let me know which run you're doing.

London Marathon - 17 April

Dizzy-Deb

Loch Leven Half Marathon - 14 May

Ain't "Ooops, word censored!"ody Here

MHFS 10k for Men - 19 June

Sparkysdad

Great North Run - 18 September

Ain't "Ooops, word censored!"ody Here

sparkysmum

Couperwife

Basingstoke Half Marathon - 2 October

jlo

5K - date tba!

Bramble

2.37 miles in 20 mins

Not exactly a 4 minute mile :oops::lol:

Still faster than me :oops::oops:

I don't have an accurate sat navvy thing yet. On the route to school, when I have been driving, I have noted where 1, 1.5 and 2 miles are so I am running(jogging/wobbling take your pick) to the approprate point and back. I haven't timed it properly yet either so must start doing that too.

Yesterday I did three miles in about half an hour. At the moment the thought of going out and doing that three and a bit more times is pretty horrendous!

The worst part of the run is back up the hill to my house - at the end when i am pretty red in the face anyway. My friend who is helping me with a training programme says that I should shorten my stride, lean into the hill and slow down. I think that I kind of do that anyway - "I love to Boogie" is my best track for running up hills as it has just about the right beats per minute!!

I am starting slowly - going out three or four times a week and have now just built up to three miles.

Thanks for starting this ANH - I promise I wont go on in as much length usually - sharing the pain is quite therapeutic!

I did Boot Camp this morning which involves some running, some hill running and other exercises. I was planning on a run this afternoon but it is revolting wind and rain out there so I may wuss out with a swim instead.

The Boot Camp instructor was watching me run today. I wasn't in my expensive trainers that I got after having my gait analysed - just in some cheaper ones that I don't mind getting grotty in the rain and have a better grip for the mud at Boot Camp. Anyway - he was quite alarmed at the pronation (is that the right phrase) that I have and suggested that if I don't see anyone about it and get some supports - I could seriously muck up my knees, hips and back! Not good news so I am looking into it - not sure if anyone has any advice about this.

did 2.09 Miles in 28 mins :oops:

that included warm up and a lot of stops and stretches and to be honest...I hated every minute of it.

the wind was in my face and my legs felt like lead, i think i was dehydrated :(

i planned on doing 4 miles, but came back after 2 cos it was so horrible.

ill try again tomorrow *sigh*

cathy

x

did 2.09 Miles in 28 mins :oops:

that included warm up and a lot of stops and stretches and to be honest...I hated every minute of it.

the wind was in my face and my legs felt like lead, i think i was dehydrated :(

i planned on doing 4 miles, but came back after 2 cos it was so horrible.

ill try again tomorrow *sigh*

cathy

x

Don't be disheartened :) Try a mixture of running and walking if it gets tough. You will find that you do more and more running each time. Make sure that you drink lots and plan your runs carefully around meal times :wink:

4.2 miles up and down hills with Riley (my new trainers are filthy :cry: ).

Goodness, I'm sooooo impressed :!: and I bet Riley loved it :) Is he on/off lead when you run with him :?:

Boot Camp this evening with lots of skipping and running and leg work - I feel quite virtuous on Tuesday!

I love the sound of this jlo, don't think they have anything like it up here.

I had a swim with the lovely Hazie - I've done all my hard work this week :lol:

Alli xx

He's off the lead the whole time, Alli 8) . He's not as fast as he used to be so I have to keep stopping to check he's following :lol: .

I bet he loves it though.

Scally did pretty much all of my training runs with me when I did my marathon up to 14 miles. If I went further than that I did a loop and dropped her back at home as I tended to do circuits of 7 miles and she didn't like going the same way more than twice :roll: . I did have to work hard at finding routes where she could be off the lead all the time though.