Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

I swear that I am getting worse! A couple of weeks ago I was ok at about 4 miles. This week has been dreadful. I have literally hated every step of the two runs that I have done and the thought of having to do that distance at least twice more fills me with complete dread....why oh why have I set myself this stupid challenge. I am sure that a competition to see how many cakes I could eat would be more fulfilling!!

I'm sure I'd beat you at that :wink: .

I have had times like that, it's horrible and you think it'll always be like that :( . I bet you'll find you go out again soon and enjoy it.

Managed 2.8 miles in 30 mins this morning then my step class. Then undid it at Starbucks with a latte, a caramel wafer and an Aero bar on the way home :oops::lol: .

Whew :!:

Got a lift to sports centre (OH is off doing a race somewhere in the Borders), did a really good step class then 30 mins abs work in the gym then had to run the almost 3 miles home (mostly uphill and into a stiff breeze :oops: - I wasn't embarrassed, that was the colour of my face :wink: ).

If it's any consolation, I'm eating complete rubbish constantly so I'm not losing an ounce of weight :roll: .

I didn't run yesterday. I did cycle to and from Boot Camp but I am finding it hard to motivate myself to run after the rubbish I did last week. I am off work tomorrow and will have a go then.

My back has been qutie sore as well which doesn't help. I have offered to do a cricket coaching course to help out at the club where my daughter plays. I did the first day of three on Saturday and it was good fun but quite full on. My complete lack of experience of cricket didn't seem to hamper me too much! :oops:

Hi jlo, don't worry at all about not feeling like running. I know of someone ( a former running friend's mum) who ran a 2hr 30 min half marathon without ever running 2 steps before hand. She was fit & healthy and entered on the spur of the moment. Don't worry, be happy. Alli xx

I know of someone ( a former running friend's mum) who ran a 2hr 30 min half marathon without ever running 2 steps before hand.

Really :shock: ? I wonder how long it took her to be able to walk again :lol: . I know how my legs feel and that's with training :? .

To be fair she did loads of exercise classes and cycled too. But didn't ever run :!:

I went to the gym today and ran 4 km on the treadmill and felt reasonably ok. It was at about 8.5 to 9 km per hour so not terribly fast and certainly no gradients but it got me back to thinking that maybe I could try back out on the road again.

This evening I did Boot Camp and that was....is the word "fun?"

Hello!Sparkysmum invited me to join you on this thread, but I'm not at all sure that I "qualify" :oops: I've just done day one of the Couch2 5K program, having never run before (apart from at school, which was a long time ago!). Felt very self conscious about running in public (went out under cover of darkness to avoid being seen :roll: ). Compared with what you are all doing, this is NOTHING, but I was able to complete the first podcast and actually feel quite good this morning (feet are a bit sore though :whistle: ). The next run is tomorrow and whilst I'm still apprehensive, I'm not dreading it, so I'm just going to take it one day at a time and see how it goes ... feel free to kick me out if I'm in the wrong thread, but any tips would be much appreciated!!

Hi Bramble, just a quick hello and to say "well done", your first jog round the block is the worst the best is yet to come. I'm barely running at all just now thanks to changes in my work circs & I am only just ticking over however I'm not at Strathyre tomorrow so I'll try and fit a quick run in at a sensible hour. :clap:

Great to have you with us, keep on running. :D Oh if no one has mentioned it already get some good tunes- makes all the difference. Alli xx

Thank you for the lovely welcome!!!

I felt quite chuffed when i got to the end of my podcast, really didn't think I'd be able to do it, just wonder if I'll be able to keep it up!!

The Couch to 5k program is for 9 weeks and during that time I've got podcasts to listen to which tell me when to walk/run etc, the music isn't probably what I'd choose to listen to, but it's not too bad and if I ever get to week 10, I'll be able to choose my own music (lots of time to load up my mp3 player then!! :lol: )

Hello Bramble :D:dance: . All types of runners welcome here - we were all beginners once :D . I started with a Race for Life 5k (having never run at all) and here I am now doing half marathons :shock: .

Keep up the good work - you'll feel fab once you've achieved your 5k 8) .

OH had the car today so I ran to work and home again (5 miles in total). Bit of a pain having to take clothes/lunch etc in the day before and having to shower when I got there, but at least that's today's run out of the way 8) .

Hello Bramble :D:dance: . All types of runners welcome here - we were all beginners once :D . I started with a Race for Life 5k (having never run at all) and here I am now doing half marathons :shock: .

Keep up the good work - you'll feel fab once you've achieved your 5k 8) .

OH had the car today so I ran to work and home again (5 miles in total). Bit of a pain having to take clothes/lunch etc in the day before and having to shower when I got there, but at least that's today's run out of the way 8) .

Well done you, multitasking and saving the planet all in one go!!! 8)

Think it'll be some time before I'm anywhere near 5k, can't really imagine I'll ever get there, but am already planning tomorrow's outing (I'm planning my route around the areas I know will be least busy! :oops::roll::oops: )

Hi Bramble! It sounds as though you are enjoying your running/jogging and I believe that this is half the battle. I like the thought of going out - just me and the open road - but the reality never really matches up to my visions!

It does help to come on here and have a cheer when things are going well and a moan when they are not so good.

I went out and did 3.7 miles in 41 minutes today. I was pants up the hills and ended up walking for some of the way but it did feel a little easier than last week's efforts.