Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

Really impressed with everyone.

207.gif

OSH - I am in awe - not only have you already done a marathon but....you are going to do another one.

Bramble - just keep going and don't try to do too much. Easy does it and you will enjoy it more. You will get there.

I have been doing more cycling than running and it is saving me some fuel costs as well :)

I have just done 3.74 miles in 40 minutes 11 seconds (according to the map my fitness app on my iphone) and only walked for a couple of short stretches up hill.

I could be up for that Vicki :!: So, if OSH signs up for the Marathon I'll go for the 10k & maybe u2 & maybe your OH for the marathon& Could be a laugh, but maybe not for OSH & her partner who are having to train for 26.2 miles.....ouch :lol: Alli xx

Already have a place so does anybody know somewhere nice to stay in Inverness?

I'll be up for a post run drink or three

AND Bramble well done, It's those first steps that are so hard but now you're up and running. One day soon you'll be jogging away and suddenly discover that you're watching the scenery instead of the floor and there is no pain and you're actually enjoying it. Honest :wink:

I could be up for that Vicki :!: So, if OSH signs up for the Marathon I'll go for the 10k & maybe u2 & maybe your OH for the marathon& Could be a laugh, but maybe not for OSH & her partner who are having to train for 26.2 miles.....ouch :lol: Alli xx

Already have a place so does anybody know somewhere nice to stay in Inverness?

I'll be up for a post run drink or three

AND Bramble well done, It's those first steps that are so hard but now you're up and running. One day soon you'll be jogging away and suddenly discover that you're watching the scenery instead of the floor and there is no pain and you're actually enjoying it. Honest :wink:

Thank you!!! Actually think I'm already enjoying it in a strange, sadistic sort of way!!! Last run was lovely and I even managed to crawl past a couple of people who were sitting on a bench, I would NOT have done that a couple of weeks ago, I'd have been way too embarrassed. Inverness and surrounding area is just stunning, I have very happy memories of holidays up there as a kiddy-wink (very scared of being eaten by a monster though!! :roll: )

OSH that's fab, good luck with the training :!: A marathon is so far out of my comfort zone that I feel weak just thinking about it :!:

Bramble - re blisters - I've never had even the teeniest one since I started wearing Hilly Twin Skins. (can't do link thing)

I'm still aching after my hills on Sunday that I'm having another rest day :D Oh and I braved the scales today - 4lbs ON :(

" even a marathon begins with a first step" adapted from some inspiational quotation which I can't quite remember :!:

Alli xx

Well done, Bramble :clap::dance::D . We all knew you could do it :D .

OH isn't doing the Loch Ness Marathon this year - he's doing the Ben Venue hill race the day before :roll: .

No going back now - I've just entered for the Loch Leven Half Marathon on 14 May :anxious: . Best views ever (not that I notice, my eyes are always pointing downwards :lol: ).

I've been having a bit of fun with the Goodrunguide Routeviewer. If you have Google Earth you can almost imagine you're there (but without the pain :lol: ).

I bought a pair yesterday (not Hilly, I'm afraid, I was persuaded to buy another brand by the guy in the running shop!) but haven't tried them out yet.

On another topic, I'm going to start a new thread on Exercise-induced rhinitis. Any fellow sufferers?

Forgot to say, 25 min run/walk with Riley this morning :) . First day my legs haven't been sore after Sunday's run :lol: .

I've been following this thread with interest.

Some of you might remember me posting about running shoes around this time last year. I took up running with back problems just to prove I could do it. In October I had to stop running due to a knee problem which actually started before I took up running. Tests have shown that my left knee cap is showing wear and tear which is a little advanced for my age :( . After speaking to my GP I have been told to run if I want to :D

I will soon be starting again but will have to take it slowly, walking at first and building up the strength in my knee. I can't wait to start running again as I have really missed it. I will plot my progress in this thread.

If any one is doing the Loch Ness marathon I would love to come and cheer you on and say hello :D