Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

has anyone downloaded any Runners World Playlists for their mp3 player?

i got an email from Runners World, and it advertised a playlist for a marathon or long run on it, and i was wondering whether they were any good?

edited to add long run playlist

there are different ones, and you can get them from amazon too linky for rocky playlist

im quite tempted, cos I can never get the beat right :roll::lol::lol:

cathy

x

I've just had a dekko at it on Amazon. The price isn't bad but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to the same tracks over and over again. I've got nearly 1,000 tracks on my MP3 player so I always get something different each time I go out. I've got a ridiculous mix of music on it :lol: . When I do a race I pick out the rocky tracks I love and put them in a folder so I can listen to just those tracks.

(The beat doesn't bother me but I do love it when a track comes on that does match :lol: .)

oooh, step :think:

ive not done a step class for years :D

i think im going to visit the gym and see what their timetable is, and get on some classes 8)

ta for that :D

and well done for the run / time - impressive - ive never managed to do a 5k in less than about 30 mins (ok, 35 :oops: ), so thats my aim :D:D

cathy

x

That's the main thing, enjoying it :D .

I was all ecstatic, having done what I thought was 10k (6.2m) in 55 mins but I've put it into Map My Run and it was 5.3m :( . Didn't have the GPS on though so I'll do it again to double check (I used to use that route as training for 10k :? ).

Should've known really, that was the kind of time I was doing 10 years ago :roll::lol: .

Well I am back from skiing and I don't think that it can have counted as training on account of all the eating and drinking that I did!

I will go for a run tomorrow but am slightly worried about my knee. I went over a few times on the piste :oops: (I am just about the worst skier in the world!) and every so often my left knee spasms.

Pleased that everyone has been so motivated - that will be my inspiration in the morning!

Managed to crawl out of bed for a 1.9 mile, 18 min run :angel: .

Got a really sore back though, caused I think by building flat pack furniture and weeding (too much kneeling and bending) :( .

I hope you are ok! Building an Ikea chest of drawers at the beginning of January was the reason I could barely walk; could not sleep and could certainly not run for about three weeks!

Got a really sore back though, caused I think by building flat pack furniture and weeding (too much kneeling and bending) :( .

Hope you are OK. My back was agony in the early days of training for a while. It hurt even when I breathed. I was told that I needed to build up my core strength. I ran through it but it was really sort if I stopped and started again. Fingers crossed it improves for you.

:lol::lol:

That's very good, I did 2 miles in 23 mins so didn't quite catch you up :lol: . Step class afterwards.

Any thoughts on running first thing before having any breakfast? Good/bad thing? Doesn't matter?

The last time that I tried to do some running was back in 2006. Then I would do two to three miles first thing in the morning before breakfast. That wasn't too bad but I think that any more than that may be difficult without fuel on board. Someone else may have more idea though.

I am off for my MRI scan on my back shortly so I hope that that doesn't come up with any bad news!

3 miles yesterday and I shall be out doing the same run tomorrow. I was in a rush yesterday as I had ameeting to get too, and amazed myself by coming in in 25 mins (usually a steady 10 minute miler). This evening I am off to eat pizza with friends instead!! It is very chilly out there though - not time to put away the thermals just yet!!