Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

He's off the lead the whole time, Alli 8) . He's not as fast as he used to be so I have to keep stopping to check he's following :lol: .

I bet he loves it though.

Scally did pretty much all of my training runs with me when I did my marathon up to 14 miles. If I went further than that I did a loop and dropped her back at home as I tended to do circuits of 7 miles and she didn't like going the same way more than twice :roll: . I did have to work hard at finding routes where she could be off the lead all the time though.

Chucky what a fab dog Scally must be :!::!: In his prime my lovely Sparx would do 10 miles but now he's probably ok with 3 or 4miles. Daisy, my amazing "born to run" Yorkie will do about 5. People can't believe their eyes when Daisy flies past pulling me along :lol:

Alli xx

Not sure :think: You most definitely should not be running every day and it is very good to work on core strength so I think that doing different types of exercise as long as you don't feel exhausted doing it is fine. Core strength is really important, at the beginning of my training I got crippling back ache because my core was weak. Zumba sounds just the job. It is soooo tempting to run every day but also mentally stressful if you think that you have to. Generally you should have 2 rest days a week. Try to do some hill runs and intervals (run fast for a while, then slow for the whole training session). Running the same distance at the same pace is not a good way of training. Generally there should be 1 long run a week and the rest should be varied.

That all makes sense :) . I had a rest day yesterday (although I did a step class) so feel I should probably do a run today. I might just take Riley for a short run over the hill :) .

Talking of the "core", I just finished a 6 week introduction to pilates but absolutely hated it :oops: . I feel I should try a "real" pilates class with a different instructor as everybody seems to rave about it :roll: . Anybody a fan / not a fan?

That all makes sense :) . I had a rest day yesterday (although I did a step class) so feel I should probably do a run today. I might just take Riley for a short run over the hill :) .

Talking of the "core", I just finished a 6 week introduction to pilates but absolutely hated it :oops: . I feel I should try a "real" pilates class with a different instructor as everybody seems to rave about it :roll: . Anybody a fan / not a fan?

I have tried it but, to be honest, didn't really rate it much. Like you, I have friends who just keep going on and on at me to do it - especially as I have a dodgy back. It's ok but there are more enjoyable ways for me!

Alli, he says he met your OH this week - did he realise :) ?

Just asked him, he's not sure but a laddie who might have been your ES stopped by with an "oriental girl with a Glasgow accent" So if this sounds right then he did meet him :D

Chucky, thanks, I'm broadly following a plan I've been using for years but it's the lungs not the legs that are the problem :(

4 miles in 40 minutes ish. I got up to 11 miles before Christmas but then had a cough that lasted the whole of January. So slowly back to it. I had a really simple training plan (which I have now lost) which basically meant I ran every other day and did 2 x 3 to 4 mile runs and then a run that got a mile longer each saturday. Over Christmas I feel as if I have piled on the pounds (don't dare step on the scales).