Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

Hi :D Just returned from Corfu this morning where I did absolutely no running at all :!: What a surprise :lol: Well I'm going to do 8 mls tomorrow even although I feel like a big, wobbly jelly.

Will tell you all about my hols later cos I'm off to bed. Are you going away this year :?: G'night. Alli xx

Hope you had better weather than we did in Skye this w/e, Alli :lol: . We left Edinburgh in thunder/lightening & torrential rain which caused flash floods a couple of miles down the road from our house (3 ft high torrent of water, floating cars and wheeliebins, ruined ground floor flats/businesses :shock: ).

Arrived in Skye and had gorgeous clear skies and sunshine, 2 hrs later torrential rain then rain on and off while OH and ES did the Glamaig Hill Race - they ran up/down this mountain from just by that bridge. First attempt for both but ES was 2nd junior and came 23rd and OH was 33rd (out of 105) 8) . It is as horrific as it looks in the picture :lol: . One dislocated shoulder, one damaged ankle and numerous cuts/s"Ooops, word censored!"es/bruises - not OH/ES, the other competitors!)

I was given the job of recording the times as they finished 8) . Got a free meal and pint at the end :dance: .

Glamaig.jpg

Hope you had better weather than we did in Skye this w/e, Alli :lol: . We left Edinburgh in thunder/lightening & torrential rain which caused flash floods a couple of miles down the road from our house (3 ft high torrent of water, floating cars and wheeliebins, ruined ground floor flats/businesses :shock: ).

This is terrible. Simon has just pointed out that the Scottish Parliament building was hit by lightening (Hand of God :roll: ) Poor you. Glamaig Hill looks like Everest. I'll just refer to you collectively as the Fit Family :D

Did my 8 miles - in almost 2 hours :twisted: I think I'm heading for a 3 hour half. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh the embarrassment of it all...............Alli xx

Not me, Alli :lol: . I went for a run a few days ago and my feet hurt :( . Appointment on Friday so I'm not doing anything till then. Thankfully, I can manage step classes (doesn't hurt a bit :? ).

Would you believe the winner got to the top in 37 mins and finished the whole thing in 51 mins :shock: ? ES was 1 hr 12 which is still amazing 8) .

9 miles :shock: . Well done :clap: .

My feet felt good this morning so I did my step class but I've been getting a bit of pain down the side of one foot (forgot to say that before!) which the podiatrist thought might be tendon damage or a hairline fracture :( . Nothing I can do about that so I'm just going to keep going but take it easier than normal (I usually leap about like a loony :lol: ).

I'll wait till the insoles arrive before trying a tentative run :anxious: .

Vicki, a few years ago I struggled with achilles tendonitis & had it for months. Physio said absolutely no running but that I should cycle to try & stay fit. (I was much fitter than I am now) I kept this up for what seemed like months but prob wasn't and a couple of weeks before the G. N. R the physio said OK to run a bit. Anyway to cut a long story short I did the G. N. R. in about 2hrs 20something. I guess it doesn't matter what you do to stay fit between now and September. You know you can do the distance. Maybe just try & stay fit rather than stressing your foot further ( just the thought of a stress fracture makes me feel faint) and then run later once things have healed a bit :?:

Hello Vicki & Cathy :D

Hope you 've both had a good week :) I did my usual 9 miler & maybe I didn't walk quite so far. I've decided my best strategy now other than to hope for a miracle, will be to walk the ups & jog the downs. Oh and howabout we call ourselves "the three omleteers :!: "

Hope your foot continues to get better, Vicki. Have the insoles arrived :?: Do they help :?:

Alli xx

Well done, Alli :clap: . You're doing much better than me, I'll be walking round at this rate :lol: .

The insoles arrived on Saturday so I've done a couple of step classes in them and they do feel fairly comfortable. My heels aren't quite so sore in the mornings but they're still not right :( . I'm a bit unsure if I should be doing all these classes but the podiatrist didn't say not to and only said give the running a rest for "a few days" so presumably I'm doing the right things. The insoles will help hopefully.

I'm contemplating a wee run this evening to see how they feel.