Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

Pleased to see that you are all doing well. Hope your foot gets better soon Vicki!!

I have been too shamefaced to come on here as I have done nothing apart from walking the dog and boot camps. Today I am slightly hungover :oops: so won't be doing much again but tomorrow - I MUST MUST MUST try to get out and have a run!

tomorrow - I MUST MUST MUST try to get out and have a run!

same here - tho think I will have the hangover tomorrow...

Hope you are feeling ok!! :wink:

Well I moved my butt this morning and did 4 miles in 42 minutes. I was quite pleased considering the fact that I have not run since the Race for Life at the end of June. Perhaps walking the dog, Boot Camp and cycling into work has kept me ticking over!

Oh Vicki, I'm so sorry :( I keep hoping that I'll read that you're all mended & running again. I know it's going to take a while though. Just have to be patient I guess but you know you'll still leave us all standing.

I went out for my usual Sunday jog about :D Got a mention on Aled Jones Good Morning Sunday for everyone getting their exam results on Thursday but esp those who will be opening theirs live on Breakfast television :!: At least 3 children I know from my children's school are doing this. As the guest on Aled Jones said "mental". He 's a Scot. Fingers crossed for your laddie, Vicki :D Oh and happy birthday when it comes :dance: It's the day after the results isn't it? Hopefully you will have lots to celebrate. Alli xx

Couldn't sleep last night so got up at silly hour, did some essentials around the house then had a go at a 12ish miler. Took forever but still got back in time to go to church :D It's absolutely bucketing now so I'm so pleased to have gone early. Hope you're all having a good week. Alli xx

Wouldn't bank on it, Alli :lol: .

At last, I managed a little run this morning :dance: . Only 2 1/2 miles but at a fair speed (thanks to Billy Joel's Piano Man which has a good fast beat :lol: ).

Slightly worried that the insoles might cause blisters on my insteps so will need to monitor that but my feet didn't hurt at all while I was running :dance: .

Hope it improves soon Vicki!

I managed 5 miles yesterday evening ( having taken Paddy for a 4 mile walk in the morning). It took me 55 minutes but I walked for about 1/2 mile through the woods as the going was a bit uneven. I'll take the longer route on the road next time!

My legs were so tired from last w/ends 12 miler that I went out with Simon and the dogs today. Sparky is over 14 years old, you you can guess the speed we went. :lol: Had a great time though. It's always lovely to see Sparky soooooooo happy. Will be doing even less now, back to work on Monday after 6 wks holiday :(

back to work on Monday after 6 wks holiday :(

Me too :( .

As you know, Alli, sadly I'm probably going to have to pull out of the G.N.R. :( . Podiatrist doesn't recommend it and I don't feel prepared now anyway. I'll give it a few weeks before deciding finally but Alli tells me I can defer my place so at least I won't lose my £50!

:( Vicki, what rotten luck :( Try and keep your fitness up by swimming and cycling perhaps and see how things go. You will be able to do the distance fitness wise, it is just your foot that is holding you back. I could barely weight bare on an injured knee 3-4 weeks I think it was before my marathon and thought I wouldn't be able to run. I did nothing between then and the day other that having a couple of rather painful massages (made a huge difference). I got to the start line sound and through training and sheer determination finished sound and with no lasting injury. Don't give up hope just yet but don't do any more running either, you need to rest your foot 100% Are you taking anti inflammatories?

CM, I'm not taking any anti-inflammatories, would they help it heal? It is a lot better than it was but it still seems to be aggravated by exercise. I'm doing my step/zumba classes (down to 3 or 4 a week as I'm back at work now) so my general fitness is hopefully ticking over but I hope I'm not delaying recovery by doing that. The podiatrist said step was OK but tbh her only advice was to wear the insoles as much as possible.

Another problem is the pain along the outside edge of my right foot :? . She thought it might be a tiny fracture but more likely tendon damage.

I've been told I can self-refer to the NHS podiatry clinic so I think I may do that just to get a second opinion or at least longer term treatment. 6-8 week waiting list though :? .

I would absolutely take some anti inflammatories. Over the counter stuff like neurofen (providing you don't have any possibility of having a gastric ulcer) would be good. You need to get the inflammation down and the pain should go with it. Don't however think that when the pain has gone that you can start exercising again :shameonu: You must rest, so I would cut out all weight bearing exercise for now. Also, I would check your trainers. If you have done a lot of running, you may well have worn down one area on the sole that means that they are not supporting your foot fully. For me, mine had worn down on the side of my injury a little which I am sure contributed. I think that wearing an insole will alter that way that you run too much to use so late on in the day. Rest and reduction of inflammation is the key I think. Keep up stretching and anything that will keep your fitness up without weight bearing.

Vicki, Cathy, everyone, hi & I hope you are all having a good week. :) Back at work after the hols, yuk, yuk. Almost no exercise but went for a longish walk/jog this morning. Loved it but couldn't really call it a training run. Vicki,I'm so pleased your foot is mending albeit slowly. I think I would be tempted to speak to a physio as I'm also not sure if doing a fairly high impact exercise such as your step classes is helping the healing process. However I know nothing at all about such things :!: Still keeping my fingers crossed for U. How are you Cathy :?: Not long to go now. Have a good week folks, Alli x