Ain't Nobody Here

Running Diary

Hello again. Did my last 12 miler today. First hour was horrendous as I was desperate for the loo and nowhere to go :oops: but once I'd sorted that out I had a good time. Painfully slow though but hey, I'll just be glad to finish on the day :)

How are you getting on Vicki :?: Is the p/f any better :?: Still hoping you'll get relief soon. Cathy how are you doing. :?: 3 weeks today we'll be finished. Can't wait. Have a good week Alli x

Well done, Alli :D:clap: . I'm very impressed (and slightly envious!).

I've had my insoles altered a bit (they were a bit uncomfortable to wear all day long :? ) and they do feel better. My heels are still sore in the mornings and the side of my foot is no better :( . The podiatrist reckons it could take a few months before it's totally better :( .

Can't believe it's only 3 weeks away :shock: .

Possibly not posting in the right place, but I didnt think this would warrant a thread of it's own...sorry if it should have been.

Does anyone have any advice for how to gain motivation to start running again? I tried to get back into running in order to regain my fitness, but seem to lack motivation to go out! I've been trying to couch to 5K NHS programme (which I found to be useful when I tried it) but haven't been for a good few weeks now.

And sparkysmum, well done on the 12 miles! :D

Hi Chris, I know what you mean about motivation, but what helps me is having an event to aim for. Are there any fun runs near you which you could enter and then train for. Finding someone to run with also helps if they run at the same or similar pace to you. The other thing is that in theory at least the more you go out the more you will want to go and so you become self motivated. Having said that I'm at a stage where I really don't want to run another step :!: I will though as I would probably feel even worse if I didn't run at all. Do keep going. Alli x

:evil: Injured :evil: Can't believe it. Only 2 wks to go. Have been injury free from the start too. Last week I stopped to sort out my tunage and I took so long my calf stiffened up. Went out today & oh the agony. Any way I reckon I should be able to jog the downs & walk the ups. But it will be a long wait for the kids at the other end, hope the rain stays off for them.

How are you doing Cathy :?:

:( It's a shame to hear that you can't run some of you. What an awful shame after all of the hard work. It would be interesting to hear how many don't make it to the start line because of injury. I am doing the Coniston Challenge this weekend. It looks like it is going to rain all weekend :roll: I haven't really trained other than walking and a kayak lesson so I am a bit apprehensive :anxious:

Well I'm back having a lovely latte after my last jog about before next weekend. Can't believe how much training I haven't done :lol: Shouldn't laugh. Had a lovely time though Simon & the dogs came too - my fav kind of run. Think it will all be fine even if hideously slow. Looking forward to the crowds, bands, charity village, pasta party and the fab White Van Band at the end. Got my Prostate Cancer running vest this week & glory be it matches my trainers :!:

Cathy, well have to arrange to meet up :!: Speak to you soon Alli xx

It all sounds good fun - pity you have to be running like a daft thing to see it all :lol: .

I've got my race number (didn't know it would have my name on it 8) )and chip in an envelope to send back :( . Can't quite bring myself to do it although I know there's no way I could run it now.

I'm glad you're colour co-ordinated, Alli, perish the thought that you clashed with your trainers :lol: .

Just got back home from the Coniston Challenge (stayed in a lovely place called the Drunken Duck which gets a huge thumbs up). Well, it was tough. We hiked 6 miles up and down the Old Man Of Coniston. It took us 4 hours instead of our planned 2.5 as a team member who was put in our team as a last minute substitute was unfit and really struggled :( - all credit to her though as she made it :). It was so foggy and wet that sadly we were not able to see anything but a panoramic view of fog from the top :roll: We had to remain within 100 meters of each other otherwise we would have been disqualified so couldn't split up. Our struggling team mate sat out the bike ride which was just as well. I don't think she would have made it beyond the first 2 miles. It was a very challenging 12 miles up hill and down dale and took us 1 hour and 25mins (I think I would have cried if I had seen one more hill) and then a tough 55 min kayak around the lake in the pouring rain and high winds. It was a long and very wet day but it was fun and a huge achievement. It was for Guide Dogs and everyone competing on the day raised a total of £104,000 which is enough to pay for 2 guide dogs for life. Our teams (hopefully) will raise £10.000 of that. There was a blind man that did the walk section with his dog. He gave a really tear jerking speech on how much his dog meant to him, it made all the pain worth while. I'd recommend it to anyone who fancies a challenge for a good cause. The organisation was fantastic, there was camping, all challenge day meals were provided and there was a band in the evening (I'm so glad that I didn't camp though).

What a fantastic achievement. Huge congratulations!!

I have been round today to see another good friend of my friend who died last week. She is also down to do the Basingstoke Half Marathon. She is also pretty crocked with her knee. However, we have talked about hobbling around together and chatting about Pauline on the way. I'll let you know if we manage it !