Sageandonion

Starting laying ages of hybrids?

Just wondering whether some hybrid types lay earlier than others or is it just done to the individual chicken? We have 3 hybrids - light Sussex type, black rock and a rhode island blacktail. Of the 3 the black rock started laying last week. The rhode island blacktail crouched today for the 1st time so I'm guessing she's not far off. The Light Sussex hybrid looks the most developed to my untrained eye - her comb is the biggest and pinkest so we all thought she'd lay 1st - how wrong were we! She is the least confident of the 3 and hasn't crouched at all to date. Could we have a barren chicken, if so I'll just have to pretend to ES that she lays from time to time or am I just too impatient!?! They are about 22 to 23 weeks old I think.

Thank you

Our bluebelle hybrid started crouching today, I think she's about 18/19 weeks. I think our light sussex pure breed is the same sort of age, but she is behind the hybrid. Her comb/wattles are starting to get larger and redder, but due to being chased by all our girls :( , I think it might be another 3/4 weeks due to stress

my hybrids are 18 to 20 wks ive gog a bluebell amber star and a gold star ranger none are even crouching yet. they are so friendly had them 3 wks love brocili.you can pick them up well nugget and bluebell. gold ranger still abit nervous.my 3yr old loves them.