Plumfychuck

Unbelievably excited near Leeds!

Hi

Fantastic news you are up and running. I have 8 days until my cube and chickens turn up, how will I contain myself. Was told by the lovely people at Omlet they would ring me to give me a time for delivery, beggar that I've booked 2 days off work anyway. My DH is also keenly awaiting their arrival and most of my work mates have invited themselves over for a "welcome to the girls" party. Are we mental?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

JillM I am in Worksop so not far from you in Sheffield. xx

Hi

I have 8 days until my cube and chickens turn up, how will I contain myself. Was told by the lovely people at Omlet they would ring me to give me a time for delivery, beggar that I've booked 2 days off work anyway. Are we mental?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like you work in the right place. I can't imagine my work colleagues being even remotely interested. Feel like a job swap? :lol:

Thanks cheaky chook, from what I have read on here everyone seems so friendly and welcoming and always ready to give useful tips and helpful advice for those of us who are new to chickens. They seem such funny sweet little things and I am really looking forward to having them around the place and getting to know their individual personalities. If anyone has any top settling in tips or good advice my ears are pinned back in anticipation.

I'll take chickens anyday for the health and happiness, the wealth - well as they say ya can't take it with you when you go.

Dee xx :)

Clever Sally GNR has laid our very first egg and we are absolutely egggstatic!

The other girls GNRPP(Bluebelle) were having a lovely mid afternoon dust bath rolling round in the flowerbed when we noticed that Sally had sneeked back to the eglu and was sitting in the nest box. The second she emerged my daughter rushed to look and their it was OUR VERY FIRST EGG!! !egg!

We were all so excited :dance:

I want to put a pic up but I havent worked it out yet.

Had to share with you x x x x