Plumfychuck

Unbelievably excited near Leeds!

After a lot of time trying to locate one on Ebay etc I've finally persuaded Mr Plumfychuck to let me get a new Eglu Classic and 3 chickens....Im sooooooo excited!! Whoooooo hooooooooo!

Every Eglu and owner all seem to be 'down south' .Are there any northen chicken lovers about?? Any near north Leeds????

We now have to try and find some local chickens to buy...Has anyone any breeder recommendations?

I'm so happy :-)

Yay, Hiya, welcome to the forum, there are quite a few of us northerners, im near Hull but also a few in leeds, sheffield, york etc. Dont worry your not on your own up here, keep an eye on the 'Get Togethers' threads, we often have meets and you would be more than welcome to pop along and meet us :dance:

Have you got your eglu yet? :D

Congratulations :clap: and welcome to the forum :D .

Around 2 1/2 yrs ago (might be 3 :shock: can't remember :oops: ) we got our hens from Elmsleys Farm Shop in Leeds. Don't think they supply hens as a rule but we got talking with the old guy (assume he was the owner!) and he said he could let us have some of his p.o.l. ISA Browns, he was very helpful and gave us some info on what to feed and how much.

As we were just starting with the chicken keeping business we weren't too fussed about the breed. But now I have a serious case of Morehens and am on the lookout for some LF Wyandottes (blue laced and partridge). Am also waiting to ask the landlord for permission to extend the run :pray:

Good luck sourcing your birds :D and if you find a local breeder let me know :wink:

We're in Leeds and have ordered chickens from Raw Green (mainly because we don't want them til we return from holiday), but the lady who runs it is lovelly and has lovelly chickens. It's about 20 mins down the M1 and definitely worth checking out.

http://www.rawgreencottages.co.uk/

She has a nice variety of hybrids and few pure breeds to choose from, but ring first to ensure she has what you want available. She's still waiting for the Faverolles to start laying this year.

Thank you everyone, I'm still unbelievably excited!!! I am going to contact Jody (Raw Green Cottages) tomorrow and I'm going on an Omlet 'introduction to chickens' course in keighthly on Sunday.

Spent all day clearing an area of garden ready for my Eglu

I'm so excited, I just can't wait!!

Hi - bit late as not visited the forum for a while. As most have said, Jodie at Raw Green is great and I've got lovely girls from Storrs Sheffield way (mind the last mile :vom: ).

I will be having a dose of morehens disease next month and I'll go to either. I'm after some ginger-coloured hybrids (we like their dafty characters) and will call both to see what they have in stock. If they both do, Jodie will win - purely as she's closer.

Hi, Wakefield here, so not that far away. We got our girls last year from Hinchcliffes farm in Huddersfield, really nice and friendly there.

Just finished 2 lovely boiled eggs for my breakfast courtesy of my girls.......must go thank them later lol.

There is also Hinchliffes in Huddersfield. They supply alot of breeders. They had a huge fire a few months ago but said they would still carry on business but best to ring just to make sure they have POL available. My last 2 came from there and my first girls were from Storrs. Jody does have some lovely hens too.

http://www.hinchliffes.com/breeds.php

Thank you all for sharing my excitement!!

We now have 4 amazingly behaved gorgeous girls who have settled in beautifully and have been out all day today free ranging and enjoying the sunshine. I'm desperate to show you all just how lovely they are but the pics are on daughters laptop and shes gone out... But I'll try tomorrow.

We got them from Raw Green Cottages in Barnsley. Let me introduce :- Lady Penelope (Bluebell), Sally (Lohmanns), Jessica (Black Star) and Scout (Speckeldy). We have all fallen in love with them, they are so tame and funny. Always pleased to see you and come running when they hear the back door open. Mr P has been overheard calling them 'darling' on more than one occasion!

The chicken net from omlet has worked perfectly at keeping them in their area but ive already had fencing people round today quoting as our naughty bunny has already nibbled a huge hole in it. This could turn out to be expensive :(

So far so good at going back to run for bedtime but its early days.......

Lovin' my chucks x x