WitchHazel

Heartless people - dog abandoned

:cry::cry::evil::evil:

I hope this heartless :silenced: is found and punished.

Seriously, what's the point!?!? If you can't afford to keep the animal then take it to the RSPCA/ Dog's Trust! :evil::evil: I read once that someone made their German Shepard choke on a tennis ball, just so they could drop it off at the vets and never come to collect it. :evil: The dog survived thankfully.

:evil: don't get me started on that one! I her a lot of similar events on the lurcher rescue forum that I potter on.

Lurchers often follow a pattern when they are dumped - they are bred by spurious sorts for hunting/poaching. When they won't/can't hunt or aren't suitable for breeding, then they are usually dumped from a moving vehicle and left to fend for themselves along a busy road..... invariably they either starve, die form hypothermia or get hit by a car. :evil:

Sorry, rant over.

I couldn't bring myself to look at the link, the original post was enough.

When I worked in Windsor we used to get pets abandoned after surgical intervention but at least that way we found them homes.

I recall once a woman dropped "her" cat off for a vaccination saying she had to pick her daughter up from school. She never returned and my mum gave a home to the most beautiful,gentle black cat. Strangely two weeks later somebody came in saying could she have her cat back as a neighbour had left it with us :shameonu::shameonu:

One time I had to do an emergency op on a young GSD in the middle of the night....twisted gut,really complicated involved procedure with lots of post op care. Owner phoned up later, having waited while I did it, to say he had changed his mind and could I put dog to sleep :wall:

I rehomed the puppy and got the fee back from him via the Army (Combomere Barracks in Windsor)

Actually the Army are quite good and if you can prove you treated a soldier's pet in good faith they took the fee from their pay.

Having moved to Teddington we used to get mums and kittens left in the waiting room on quite a few occasions and twice I had to collect dogs left tied up outside Tesco.

Having moved to Teddington we used to get mums and kittens left in the waiting room on quite a few occasions and twice I had to collect dogs left tied up outside Tesco.

One of my cats is a rescue, left at a local centre, beaten and kicked and heavily pregnant, she was tiny and had two wee kittens. Whem we took her in, she spent the first two weeks cowering under the table in the living room, even now (5 years later) she's scared of her own shadow :?

Some people can be so so vile.

There is a link between maltreatment of animals and violence to people. I was approached by the police/social services on one occasion to help a survey on this matter. So difficult given client confidentiality but I have known households where pets and wives were abused. The pets got it twice.....from husband and kids who were themselves physically abused and transferred the violence to the family pet....

That's not to detract from spouses being beaten up,just an observation.

Oh, edited to say that I got a fair amount of Munchausen syndrome too.