Back in December '09 I bought a 'Hay Wreath' from Pets at Home for my bunnies. I don't know what sort of hay they used to make them (I think it may have been alfafa :think: ) but my bunnies LOVED them. It was quite big but it was gone within a couple of days, which is surprising considering how much of a struggle it is to get Cream to eat hay usually. When we went back to PAH though, they didn't sell them any more :( . I assumed that maybe it was a Christmas thing, but we didn't see them in December 2010 either.

Did the PAH store near you ever sell these? Maybe is just my local one that stopped doing them but I doubt it :think: . Does anyone else even know what I am on about? :lol:

LCL (whiterabbit)

just wanted to post just to say that after my bunny had his surgery to remove the stone from his bladder, he can't have the alpha hay anymore as there is too much calicum in this which can lead to stones and/or sludge, i have also had to cut down on his pellets, he eats more of his timothy hay and greens now. Just wanted to post just incase people did'net know about the calcium issue, eg too much calicum can be bad as too little calicum can be bad you have to get it in the middle. The rabbit welfare have a good page on calicum

:shock: Wow. Thanks for that, oneyolktoanother, I hope your bunny is okay now :? .

I'm not sure that it WAS Alfafa to be honest. It was so long ago, I can't really remember. I'll make sure that I don't feed my bunnies too much if I ever find it again. Occasionally I give my two buns 'Alfafa Bales' from PAH. We only give them to them about once a month, though. The rest of the time they are limited to Timothy hay :D

:shock: Wow. Thanks for that, oneyolktoanother, I hope your bunny is okay now :? .

I'm not sure that it WAS Alfafa to be honest. It was so long ago, I can't really remember. I'll make sure that I don't feed my bunnies too much if I ever find it again. Occasionally I give my two buns 'Alfafa Bales' from PAH. We only give them to them about once a month, though. The rest of the time they are limited to Timothy hay :D

Thanks Luckychickenlover he is doing well and his lovely white fur is growing back on his belly :D yeah i would say treats are ok, i suppose we are just over careful now. Our vets said as he is 5 i would'net worry about changing his diet as he would'net get another in his lifetime but we don't want to take that risk ,i have researched this lots and as rabbits can live 8-12 years so we think it's best to monitor it as best as you can. What's great is he is loving his hay loads :D

Good news :D I remember when I got my two girls spayed it took a g e s before the fur on Cream's tummy grew back completely because she is so fluffy!

Awww i think Sunny is glad its growing back :) he had his 2nd jab yesterday the vhd one so he's abit quiet today bless this jab always makes him quiet. I'll be glad later or tomorrow when he's back to himself :D

My two girls are getting their myxi jabs done in a couple of weeks time. It always makes me feel so guilty :oops: because Cream always stands up and leans against my while she getting it done, it's like she's giving me a hug :D .

they do make you feel guilty :oops: sunny did have one on him this morning no licks for us :(:lol: yet with the myxi one he's fine :) how old are your bunnies? :)

I bought my bunnies extra pressents this year because I felt guilty for not getting them anything last year :oops::lol: .

I bought them a ball and a tunnel made out of woven willow branches, a salt lick (or 'lollipop' as I call it :lol: ) and a couple of honey flapjack treat things which were gone within days :P . Yes, I spoil my bunnies rotten, but they're so cute that I can't resist :D:lol: . They have me wrapped around their little fingers (or should that be dew claws?)

Did you ever get a reply to that email?

Anyway, update:

I managed to get some when I went to the London Pet Show a couple of weeks ago. I bought three, remembering how much they liked them last time, and how hard they are to track down...

Big mistake :lol:

Both my bunnies have now decided that they don't like them any more :roll::lol: The one that I put in their cage has been sitting there, untouched, since the 7th. Oh well :lol: