LuckyChickenLover-

Bunny Toilet Litter?

Hi all,

I was just wondering what potty litter you guys use in your bunnies' toilets. The 'Critter Litter' that is made by the same company that makes the toilets is so expensive! :o Up until now I have been using Catsan, which is pretty much the same but only a fraction of the price, but recently I think they must have changed how they make it because it's not nearly as absorbent as it used to be :| . I've changed to 'Wood Litter'from Pets at Home, which so far I'm pretty impressed with, but I was wondering if there is anything else out there that is better.

That do you guys use/ would you recommend it? :D

~ LuckyChickenLover- GNR

I just use the PAH wood pellet litter with a layer of hay on the top. Used to use sawdust though and that was equally as good but worked out more expensive. The only problem I used to get with the wood pellets is if the buns decided to scratch around they made their run very dusty and it was a nightmare to sweep up - solved by having a hooded litter tray!

Hope it helps

Catherine :)

Hi - I line a litter tray with newspaper and then add a generous layer of hay on top. Each day I just roll it up and put it on the compost and start again :)

I used to use straw but found it difficult to store a bale of hay AND a bale of straw so I just use hay now (ha ha - they chomp while they poop!).

Ours are outdoor bunnies but I have a litter tray (roasting tin actually) that i fill with sawdust. I'm now wondering whether to just use soil from the garden and change every day as it can just go straight back to the garden and everything can degrade properly. Would be a lot cheaper too. Has anyone tried this?