Sal119

Chicken Noise!

My chooks have suddenly decided to make a racket first thing in the morning. They are in an Eglu in a very large walk in run, 3 of them, and about 5.54am lately they seem to have a really "vocal" time. They have a bench in their run which they perch along in a line and that's when they start :roll: I fear that as we live in a road full of semi detached houses that my neighbours will start to complain .... :( We've had the chooks a couple of years and I don't remember them making a noise like this before! Does anyone know the rules on chicken noise ....... :)

Try keeping the coop door shut until a more civilised hour

Chickens are a bit like spoiled kids, they will shout to be let out of the coop, shout to be let out of the run in to the garden, shout if they know you will bring treats to shut them up - at least in the coop the noise is minimised and you can show that you are taking steps to control the noise, after a while they will learn what the score is and the noise will lessen

mine are getting more vocal - i let them out 6.30 every morning. the noise seems to increase when they hear me sorting the food and water out before i open the door, noise doesnt concern me at the moment as somone locally has about 10- 15 yappy dogs that sound like they had being beaten with their noise :evil: so my chooks are angels in comparison

Mine are the same :roll: I closed the coop door last night and they kicked off merry hell at 6.30am when they realised they couldn't get out for their breakfast :shock: This is my third year of keeping chooks, and I know that they always get a bit vocal in the spring. In a few weeks, they'll settle down again hopefully :pray: