I have 2 beautiful cats. I also have a neighbour who objects strongly to them going into and especially fouling I their garden. I can understand this and do everything I can to encourage the cats to use ours - they have indoor litter trays and there is a freshly dug patch of earth that they regularly use in our garden.

Said neighbours have now invested in a sonic cat repellant device. I fully support his as I understand it won't harm the cats, just put them off. However the thing is highly audible to me and OH, and painful to the kids. Neighbour saw me in the garden this morning with hands over my ears, at that time I hadn't spotted the source of the noise. We cannot open our bedroom window as it will keep us awake. :evil:

Said neighbours have gone out but when they return I will be asking them to adjust the blooming thing. Watch this space for the result...

My ghastly, thankfully ex-neighbours had one in their back garden as well as the front. They spent hours daily in their back garden polishing the grass, walking backwards and forwards, triggering the damn thing constantly. It killed my ears! The sound was infuriating and audible in every room of my house :cry: I can only suggest you play some loud music to try to drown it out.

I think someone down my road must have one of these... luckily you can only hear it standing directly outside the house. Glad we don't live directly next to them!! I don't particularly like cats and then fouling in the garden, but I usually just chase them out of the garden (into next doors ;) ) Wouldn't go to them lenghts to get rid of them though :shock:

If you're on the same side of Leeds as me, put your fingers in your ears... :twisted::lol:8) my children have been writing their own songs lately and they are definitely 'works in progress'.

Actually the infernal gadget seems to now only be making the occasional shriek. Last night it was screaming constantly and our ears were ringing for 20 minutes after we came indoors :evil: . It definitely affects the cats, I saw my Pippi running like the wind and trying to scale an 8 foot wall in a single bound this morning.

Not seen the owners yet...

My next door neighbours had one myself & OH knew we were getting old as we couldn't hear anything but our kids all be it grown were tortured by the alleged high pitchd noise :lol: this was just one of many gadgets they bought to try and keep cats out including mine my cats ignored them all :roll: We never had a problem with there attempts we used to find it highly amusing.