Griffin

Handrearing *Update 1 Year On*

oh bless her - and you. rat cage next to your bed maybe? just so you can kip and not be too anxious? coz she will be fine and you need your sleep too :D

Guess who got up at 6am on a blooming Sunday? :roll::lol:

Today Nancy enjoyed her afternoon feed whilst sat on my lap in the garden. She found the chicks fascinating and her eyes were on stalks looking at everything out there for the first time. I really really hope she's able to enjoy lots more time in the garden.

I hand reared a kitten from day one when I first qualified. He'd been found with head wounds in somebody's garden and she brought him in for us to dispose of the body. He was wonderful with me and he used to travel with me in the car, draped round my neck. He'd never been taught any manners and while he was heavenly with me he could be a little ****** with anybody else. He was definitely not all there but he lived till he was 18 years old. Well done, the hard work is worth it.

:lol: funny that! :wink:

I see a pattern emerging here....

Have you ever been to the Hook Norton brewery here, near Banbury? Great tour and loads of free samples.

She's being a spoilt little brat and is refusing to eat anything other than white fish :lol: Still, at least she's eating something :roll:

She's really grown up all of a sudden. She's using her litter tray so I don't have to toilet her anymore, yay! Today has been all about running, running as fast as you can without skidding and falling over on the shiny lino in the kitchen :lol: Running and pouncing on wagging dogs tails :lol:

She's being a spoilt little brat and is refusing to eat anything other than white fish :lol: Still, at least she's eating something :roll:

Yes, my Tolly would only ever eat chopped raw offal.....ALL his life. I weaned him very early onto s"Ooops, word censored!"ed raw beef (I couldn't bear the long night feeding as you found out yourself :lol: )

My nurses once reared three orphan kitties of three days old. They got really sore being toileted so in the end we would just hold their botties under a warm tap to get them clean. They never minded. They all went to the same home and the new owner reported that every time she was at the sink they would jump up and play with the water.

:lol: funny that! :wink:

I see a pattern emerging here....

Have you ever been to the Hook Norton brewery here, near Banbury? Great tour and loads of free samples.

:lol::lol: I had quite a preoccupation with real ale at one time, still do but there is so much more to choose from these days of micro breweries and the like so that you don't have to go looking for it.

Quite partial to a pint of Hooky and would love to look round one day.

You'll have to give me a shout if you're over this way.

Another good one (I'm informed) is the Blue Anchor in Helston.

Sorry guys, back on topic...... :oops:

Griffin, that reminds me of when I acquired a small kitten after next door's cat (which they swore was a male :roll: ) got up the duff and presented them with kittens late one Saturday night. I watched them being born and ended up with one (as you do...). Millie was the smallest s"Ooops, word censored!" ever but used to love cuddling up next to the dog - sucking her armpit - and used to skid across the floorboards and thud into the skirting board like Bambi :lol::lol:

Nancy has finally consented to eat kitten food :dance: I took these photos today, my dogs wanted to 'help' her with her lunch :lol: The hairy one is Ella and she always loves having kittens here. Lizzie is usually too bouncy for kittens but today she was on her best behaviour.

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

So sweet, good to see they all get. I had forgotten how messy kittens could get when they just start eating solids! :lol:

awwwww! look at her with her paws in the bowl! and bless those dogs, the contrast in size between them and her is just fabulous! :clap::clap:

Today Nancy learnt how to lap from a bowl so now I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can leave her unattended for several hours knowing that she'll not starve or get thirsty :dance:

:lol: Were you a fly on the wall? Yes I was laying down on the floor with her, encouraging her and making sure she didn't inhale too much :lol:

My baby girl will be seven weeks old tomorrow :clap: Here she is in the garden this morning:

IMG_7749-1.jpg

IMG_7750-1.jpg

IMG_7753-1.jpg

IMG_7754-1.jpg

IMG_7755-1.jpg

IMG_7759-1.jpg

I've still no idea what colour she'll be. Everyday she looks different :lol: I think she's the same colour as a silverback gorilla :lol: All of a sudden she's got loads of white hairs too. Some days she's more grey, others she's brown.