Griffin

Handrearing *Update 1 Year On*

How sweet does she look sleeping in your arms - aaahhh! Too cute. She is an unusual colour. I wonder if she will be longish haired, when I bought one of my cats she had odd sticky out hairs but was a funny black colour and looked a bit scruffy. She turned out to be a tortoiseshell, not long haired but really, really thick hair and longer than my other moggies.

It will be interesting to see how she turns out. :D

I think she might end up grey. I fostered a litter of kittens a few years ago and one little boy was black. One of my customers at work had always said if I had a black boy his mother would adopt him because she only ever had black cats and hadn't had one for a few years after their last one had passed. So this boy was immediately reserved and I knew he had a fab home to go to. I delivered him to his new home aged 8 weeks and he was still black. He turned grey though! The family still love him, they can't believe how much he changed, but he was a similar colour to Nancy, more black though, if that makes sense?

In two days time our baby Nancy will be one year old :D We held a birthday party for her yesterday with some of Daisys friends. Nancy has been thoroughly spoilt with lots of presents, best of all we thought was a bee costume. Nancy didn't feel as enthusiastic:

IMG_0876-1.jpg

Nancy has turned out to be jet black, not a white hair on her. She's a very independent woman who spends all day coming in and out of the house. She loves being outside and for the past week or so has proven to be an excellent hunter :roll: Three birds in two days saw a very angry Nancy being grounded!

She is very much Daisys cat, they have their own language :lol: If Daisys bedroom door is closed she'll scratch on it and speak to Daisy until she's allowed in :lol: When Daisy comes home Nancy leaps to her feet and greets her as if she's been gone a month :lol:

Nancy likes water and I don't think there is a family member who hasn't been joined in the bath by her quite unexpectedly :roll:

I dread to think what Daisy will have planned for Nancys second birthday :lol:

Seeing her all grown up has made me so happy Griffin :D

Well done you (and Daisy) for ensuring she had a chance at a good life :clap:

Although I can see her dismay at the bee costume :lol:

I hope she has as long and happy a life as my Nans cat Whiskey... She was rescued as a day old kitten by my Nan, hand reared and lived to a ripe old age of 23 :D