Guest chookiehen

Shoes

Another whinge about sizing, I'm afraid. I've found it increasingly difficult to buy shoes, as shoe sizes seem to be getting smaller, and in some shops I've been needing a size 9!!!!

I went to get new trainers yesterday, and you know what size I ended up with? A size 7!!!!!!! How can this be?!

I used to think over the period of having children my feet had gone up two sizes. Tried on an old pair I found yesterday, only a little on the tight size so definitely not two sizes more like a half size. Why are they doing it? Is it to make us feel even worse about ourselves? Luckily I'm still within normal sizes as everyone else has 'grown' at the same rate as me.

My biggest problem is the width of my feet :evil:

I am a 6.5 AA fitting :shock:

I can rarely find half sizes so generally have to take a 7 and most of them are too wide and end up falling off my feet when I walk :roll:

Because of this you often see me in sandals year round :evil::evil::evil:

Nowt wrong with changing shoe sizes........... it's a great excuse for having to go out and buy some more :oops::oops::oops:

OK, I'd best leave this thread having just entirely lowered the tone (from Kate with a guilty shoe fetish and size 6 feet that don't seem to change :shock::lol::lol::lol: )[/size]

I have the opposite problem Chooks - mine are size 2.5 and narrow. Rosie has nearly caught up on me now!

Make sure that your trainers have adequate space at the toe Shona - they need to have about a half size extra room so that you don't stub your toes when you're running. I made that mistake once and ended up with 'joggers toenail' - it's pretty vile to look at - the toenail sheers off horizontally and then the top drops off leaving a rather sore toe underneath.

I have the opposite problem Chooks - mine are size 2.5 and narrow. Rosie has nearly caught up on me now!

Make sure that your trainers have adequate space at the toe Shona - they need to have about a half size extra room so that you don't stub your toes when you're running. I made that mistake once and ended up with 'joggers toenail' - it's pretty vile to look at - the toenail sheers off horizontally and then the top drops off leaving a rather sore toe underneath.

What tiny little feet, how sweet.

:vom: Good grief, another reason not to jog :lol:

OH has about size 12 boots (lives in his 1 pair of boots all year round, different story) and he says that after a certain size companies have vastly different sizes so he's not really 1 shoe size.

Make sure that your trainers have adequate space at the toe Shona - they need to have about a half size extra room so that you don't stub your toes when you're running.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Clare, I love that you think that I'm going to go running in them anytime soon......

My 'get fit' campaign will consist of WALKING for a fair wee while, i would imagine!