Aimee

New arrivals (with pics)

Introducing my two new arrivals - Mr Snicklefritz and Lady Buttercheeks (not my choice of names :oops: )

DSCN5498-1.jpg

DSCN5495-1.jpg

DSCN5500-1.jpg

Both settling in well but currently accommodated separately until neutering age (13 weeks old today). He is a constant energy machine and loves to be out and about (first two pictures) whilst she is much more laid back and loves cuddles and belly scratches (third picture). The cats are certainly intrigued - as Dave demonstrates above.

So far so good! :D

They're gorgeous! Rexes are definitely my favourites. After my last one died I swore I wouldn't get another (too many pets already!) but I have done. My last rex (Fiver) was gorgeous and had a lovely temperament but I got him at 8 weeks and handled him every day but my current rex (Pete) is the complete opposite! He bites any living creature he can get his teeth into and destroys every thing and anything he can find. He even chases my dog around the house if she dares sit in 'his' comfy bed! I got him at 15 weeks 2 weeks ago from the same breeder as I did Fiver, and I know the breeder handles them often, but are your rexes at all like this? He has so much exercise but he won't use his run, the only way I can get him to use up his energy is to let him have the run of the garden during the day (when I am in) and the run of the house in the evening. I am booking him in to be neutered but he doesn't seem to be overly territorial and he isn't spraying.... is this just his personality?

They're gorgeous! Rexes are definitely my favourites. After my last one died I swore I wouldn't get another (too many pets already!) but I have done. My last rex (Fiver) was gorgeous and had a lovely temperament but I got him at 8 weeks and handled him every day but my current rex (Pete) is the complete opposite! He bites any living creature he can get his teeth into and destroys every thing and anything he can find. He even chases my dog around the house if she dares sit in 'his' comfy bed! I got him at 15 weeks 2 weeks ago from the same breeder as I did Fiver, and I know the breeder handles them often, but are your rexes at all like this? He has so much exercise but he won't use his run, the only way I can get him to use up his energy is to let him have the run of the garden during the day (when I am in) and the run of the house in the evening. I am booking him in to be neutered but he doesn't seem to be overly territorial and he isn't spraying.... is this just his personality?

Sorry I don't have any experience with Rex bunnies, only NDs, but I think that he'll be a lot better after he's castrated, althougth I think that a lot of it may just be down to his personality. My two ND girls are sisters but they are like chalk and cheese! Cookie is more shy and withdrawn, while Cream is a troublemaker! Is there anything that could be causing Pete to become stressed? From your post I assume that you have your dog walking round the house/ garden freely with your dog, maybe he feels threatened by this? As friendly as your dog may be, Pete will still see her as a preditor! Also, does he have any bunny friends to play with? He may be doing this just because he is bored.