Charlottechicken

Corns

For as long as I can remember, I've had a corn on each little toe. They've not really bothered me that much but this year I've bought some new, higher shoes and find the corns are now rubbing. I think it's time for them to go, but I'm not sure how to get rid of them :?

Any ideas?

I'm sure someone referred to mine as soft corns many years ago, how that differs from a 'normal' corn I have no idea :lol:

I only suffered once with my little toe. It was agony. On the advice of a friend I went to a foot woman, can't spell the proper name sorry and for quite a small sum she cut it off and told me to use a pumice stone once a week. This was about 10 years ago, I think it was £17 and i have not had a problem since.

Go to a chiropodist - or podiatrist as they sometimes seem to be called. They will remove them much more safely than you can, and virtually painlessly, and you'll be so much more comfortable. They are caused by tight shoes putting pressure on the skin, which builds up in a hard lump as a result.

I have stupid toes that curl up in shoes and can get corns on the top of my toes when wearing closed in shoes (I so don't won't to stop wearing my sandals yet!) I find these gel corn protector tubes really good at stopping my corns hurting and stopping them getting any worse. Superdrug do them as well a bit cheaper than Boots. :)

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Gel-Corn-Protector-1-Tube-_1132155/