sadietoo

Hugh F W Veg everyday

Just to say I have recently acquired this book. I have been vegetarian for over 25 years and there are some really exciting easily achievable recipes in this book with Hugh's usual down to earth delivery.... If you are not veggie but thinking about a veggie cookbook for friends/ family who are vegetarian this is the one which would get my vote.

It is on my Christmas wish list.

The youngest daughter is veggies,& we eat veggie as a family probably twice a week,so it sounds useful for us.

I always enjoy Hughs books,his family cookbook being the most used recipe book in my house by a long shot.

Will there be a TV series too,or have I missed it?

I think that yes he will have seen a gap in the market, but also he is genuine in his concern about increasing world meat consumption, which impacts on both the environment and animal welfare.

As allotment holders we try to decrease our meat consumption in the summer when there is an abundance of veg and salad to be harvested.

I did worry about the lack of protein in the meals last night but judging by the trailer for next weeks that is something that he will be addressing.

I loved the first "episode" last night. I always enjoy HFW's programmes, but they can be overly "meaty" (a problem for me, as a veggie) but I think he was every bit as enthusiastic (if not more so) about his veggie plan - great that he was increasing the number of choices for veggies at his restaurant - shame it's not nearer ! Well done HFW, keep up the good work!!!! :clap: