Mercedes55 Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 It's been quite chilly here too over the weekend, OH said it was about 5c first thing when he let the girls out I still have my Summer clothes in the wardrobe so need to spend some time dragging all the Winter stuff out. We don't do vests in our house either, I just don't like them. We don't do pj's either, although we did give them a try one year and both of us ended up being awake most of the night as we couldn't get comfy in them Our boiler is set for the heating to come on at 18c and I don't bother turning it off in the Summer as it's never cold enough for it to trigger the radiators to come on. Last couple of days though the radiators have been on which is lovely, but we only have them on first thing and then again at tea time, so time to get the cardies out I guess Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 I have had a raging fever for the last 3 days , but it's not cold out at all either, I wish it was! Me to. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 I have had a raging fever for the last 3 days , but it's not cold out at all either, I wish it was! Me to. Me three - been really unwell for 5 days now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 Lots of get well hugs & tissues to all you poorly bugs xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 ...and a trip into the roof for DH to set/reset the mousetraps as I've just heard scratchy noises above my bed Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 Lots of get well hugs & tissues to all you poorly bugs xx Thank you! I wouldn't put it as far as Proper Flu, but it's the hardest hitting cold that I've had for many a year. Went to sleep on Wednesday & have barely been up since I had to drive to the store today to get essentials, perhaps I shouldn't have as it felt a bit like an out-of-body experience. Now my hearings gone (as usual!) & I have work & an important interview tomorrow... *sigh* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
squiffs Posted October 16, 2011 Share Posted October 16, 2011 Had my boiler serviced yesterday, and the pilot light has gone out today when the heating/hot water has come on - I've reset the pilot light myself twice (boiler is like 30 years old or something), and each time the heating comes on it just goes back out Luckily the british gas engineer is coming on Friday anyway to check the F&E tank and see what's causing it to overflow (it needs a new washer/ball cock, even I can see that) - so will get OH to mention to him that since he tinkered with the boiler it won't stay lit for more than 10mins Why can't things ever be simple... They're trying to get me to agree to a new boiler too as 'it doesn't conform to the latest regulations' - but isn't a 'danger'. Well if it isn't a danger, then I'm fine with not spending out £££s Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 Yes, I have a stinking cold too work is taking my mind off it though. Keep meaning to get the chimney swept and the boiler serviced Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 I'm tucked up at home with laryngitis and a chest infection, I might have to get some wood and light a fire. I have a chicken with impacted crop who is spending night times in the conservatory which leaves poor Betty on her own in the Cube . I brought her in last night so she could snuggle up with Fran. The youngsters are going bonkers in the wind, i think they are trying to take off! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 You know what K? You need more chickens! Hope you're better soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 I have tried to say that 5 isn't enough. I could put some of those chicken nappies on and they could share the fire with me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 don't even think of those chicken nappies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 Chicken nappies? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2011 Share Posted October 18, 2011 An American thing that came up a while ago... some woman had a pet silkie which she kept indoors and took in er swimming pool with her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 20, 2011 Author Share Posted October 20, 2011 frost here this morning and ES is wearing his new thermal long johns (his mate was sporting a pair of his mums yesterday complete with flowers - getting in touch with his female side) . Very chilly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted October 20, 2011 Share Posted October 20, 2011 Very frosty here too had to s"Ooops, word censored!"e the latch on the run to get in and feed the girls, the tarp is going on the door today. Then two nice men came to do some mortaring on the roof, they chipped out the full length of mortar and replaced it ( nice fireman and his pal a policeman, friends of my neighbour.)Said they came early so the new mix can dry and set before we get any bad weather, they were going to come at the end of the month . Do they think the weather is about to change ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...