Cranfield Kate Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 does anyone else have loads of ladybirds in their house? I guess for around 9 months i have found a couple of ladybirds a day in my bathroom or bedroom. I know that's not masses but it does seem a lot for inside the house in december! any ideas? might i have a nest???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 I have found a few in the house but not loads. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
percy049 Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 I remember a couple of years ago when I went to Cromer on the north Norfolk coast and the ground was a layer of dead ladybirds, when there was a swarm of them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 We get loads in the office - the warmer weather seems to wake them up and they swarm on the windows. There's also a bluebottle zooming around today... anyone would think that summer was on its way Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 Flies buzzing around in the garden here today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tweety Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 Yes, ladybirds everywhere here too, inside the house and out in the garden. Found one sunbathing on the Go this morning! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 I noticed a lot of ladybirds on the back of our house a month or so ago. Not quite a swarm but close to it. Our house has mainly white pebbledashing and I wondered if they were attracted to the lightness of it. Quite a few made it indoors too. The kittens thought they were fascinating. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
newcountrygirl Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 I was out in the garden today and there were loads of them. It felt more like a spring day than a couple of days before Christmas. Plus 2 of my girls have both started laying again this week. Roll on Spring! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 We sometimes open a window at this time of year or slightly earlier to find them packed into the frame in their hoards Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...