james

Cube Deliveries and our courier

• Omlet Staff

Hi guys,

I have just been reading about the problems you are having and I thought I should let you know what we are doing about it.

Missing Cube Parts

I am very sorry that some people have had cubes delivered with some of the small but essential items missing ( such as run clips ). The cube is a more complicated product than the standard eglu and the packing team are doing their best to ensure that everything required is included. Mistakes have not happened very often and if are missing items then we will always send them out immediately - just let us know.

Our courier company

Like you, we find delivery mistakes very frustrating. On balance, we have found Nightfreight to be reliable with all but a few deliveries arriving on time and in good condition. We have tried several courier companies in the past such as ANC, DHL, Express Dispatch etc and have found Nightfreight to be the best available. However, we have brought your complaints up with Nightfreight and hope to iron these problems out.

Customer Service

We are listening to you and are working hard to make things better.

As ever you are very welcome to email me directly with problems,

Yours,

James

james@omlet.co.uk

p.s. Please could this posting be left unlocked so that people can add comments. Thanks.

Thank you for keeping us up to date - and having the curtesy of responding on here.

Most of us do appreciate and understand the pressure that all your staff are under, and that they are doing their best to please us all.

I am happy to wait until the pressure eases - as I know from having Eglus, and extra purchases from yourselves in the past - that the service has always been excellent.

The Eglu is such a superb product and is now a finely tuned 'operation', and I am sure that the Cube will be too.

The situation has probably been exacerbated as it is unusal for a company to have a product launch with most, if not all, of its pre-orders, and early sales being to existing customers (who mainly seem to be forum users ).

It is understandable that with any new product there will be some problems all of which I am sure you will be happy to sort out as soon as feasibly possible.

We know and appreciate that - and understand that probably the emphasis at the moment might be to get as many orders out as possible to your demanding customers :!:

I hope that other Cubists, will agree with these sentiments, and look forward to Johannes, and your return to the UK. I am sure HQ will be glad of the 'extra hands'

I haven't actually experienced any delays, the service I've had has always been good - but I was a bit nervous after reading some of the other posts on here, as I haven't ordered anything recently.

It's great to know that comments on here are listened to. The Eglu and Cube are such great products, they deserve an equally great service!

Can Omlet change its courier company, as I am shocked by its service.

First, they delivered 1 of 2 parcels - but I was'nt there so fair enough.

Then I phone them up to arrange for redelivery, they where so unprofessional, they first say "Madam" to me, and im a MAN, not even an sorry, then in the background, some bloke is swearing his head off, I heard every word.

Anyway, I Arrange delivery for friday, and guess what, they dont turn up!!

Oh you poor thing - that is so maddening isn't it - especially as it is a Friday and there is nothing you can do about it until Monday - leaving you fuming all weekend!

I hope it turns up then

Can Omlet change its courier company, as I am shocked by its service.

First, they delivered 1 of 2 parcels - but I was'nt there so fair enough.

Then I phone them up to arrange for redelivery, they where so unprofessional, they first say "Madam" to me, and im a MAN, not even an sorry, then in the background, some bloke is swearing his head off, I heard every word.

Anyway, I Arrange delivery for friday, and guess what, they dont turn up!![/quote

Fred please tell Omlet about this as they will want to know. If anyone has any delivery problems at all James and Johannes have asked that you contact them so that they can deal with it as quickly as possible.

Sorry that you had such a bad service from the courier :(

BBx

I hope your delivery is completed on Monday, how frustrating for you.

Having worked in a business where we used many different transport companies over time, may I just make a general comment about this topic?

Firstly, the service of these national companies will vary from day to day & from depot to depot. So, you may find your local depot unproffesional, the one in the next town may be the most well organised ever. So, it's hard to generalise about a large operation based on a few stories, especially as satisfied customers comment far less than those who feel angry.

We used to find that one company would satisfy most of our customers on delivery day, so we thought we'd stick with them. But then they started letting us down on the collection day. Unhappy customers, doh!

We'd then a more reliable collector, but ultimately, out of thousands, some deliveries are going to be poor.

Also, most companies give their drivers an unreasonably high number of drops to fit in, no wonder they can't hang around if they can't find the recipient, and this is likely to be a widespread problem.

Of course, it is absolutely right to 'phone Omlet if you are let down by them or the courier, and also post here if it does seem a company is letting them down. :)

:cry::cry::cry:

Yesterday I was due to have delivered an eglu plus a spare set of bars and a bag of food. I had to take a day off work to wait in which is why I ordered the bars at the same time(only 1 day off work).Only the bars and food came so I rang omlet and they looked into it and rang me back to say that there should be 2 more parcels, one being the eglu and one being the run. One had been sent out and would arrive today and one hadn't but they didn't know which and I had to ring them again when today's parcel arrived to tell them what it was!! only guess what?? nothing came at all. my brother waited in all morning and I had to take the afternoon off for nothing. When it got past 4pm I rang omlet again and they said they would find out what was happening and ring back but didn't. So now I still have no eglu, don't know where it is or when it will come, 90% chance no-one will be in when it does come and I've wasted 1 and a half days holiday. I'm so disappointed and annoyed. my brother says it should be like pizza-free if it doesn't turn up on time!!!

:cry::cry::cry:

Thats very annoying Anteater :( Hopefully Omlet will sort it out for you..... Although now you have taken time off work, you will still have to take more time off to get it :(

Good luck with it and keep us posted........Im still unsure if it is night frieght to blame or Omlet or a b it of both......Omlet made a mistake on our address which almost got ours delivered to a totally different road.......Was a good job we know the nightfreight driver.......

Thanks for replying, it's nice to have somewhere to moan!!

Last week I had to take Weds pm off to take my dog for a haircut so as to make the most of it I ordered the eglu & renewed my child tax credits while she was there.It was to be delivered on Friday (today)as I could pick the day and thought "ooh long weekend" Then my boyfriend came over and we realised Thursday was his day off so the next morning I went to work leaving him to ring Omlet and see if it could be changed to Thursday (yesterday) so we could also spend the day together. He said he had trouble and the lady couldn't even find me on the computer at first so I'm wondering if that's where it all went wrong :(:(

and to add insult to injury he never came over or even let me know :evil:

but at least I'm not having any chickens until end of August so don't have homeless chickens to worry about (yet) :)

oh nooo ... bad enough having to take time off work and then wasting it, but I remember the anticipation of waiting for my Eglu delivery date - you must be so disappointed, bet you were planning to put it all together this weekend.

I do hope it turns up. Welcome to the forum, anyway.

:D:D:D

Rang Omlet on Monday before I left for work& spoke to a very nice lady, Susan, I believe & explained my sad situation. When I arrived home she had left me a message saying nightfreight could not explain where my eglu had got to & she had sent me another which would arrive on Friday, which it duly did & I didn't have to take a day off work either as my son was home to sign for it. So now there is a beautiful orange eglu in my garden at last!!! :D:D:D

just need some chickens in it now!!!

If you are having something delivered and you made an arrangement to be at home to meet the delivery, I think you will find that someone - either, in these cases, omlet or the delivery company have to compensate you financially for the time you took off.

You had an agreement with someone and they failed to honour their obligation. Don't just accept poor service - your time off is important and valuable.

What's the delivery times on cubes at the mo? I'm thinking of upgrading to a cube and getting 3 more girls.

I think you'd need to ring omlet as it can depend whereabouts you are. If they already have a delivery planned for near you, it could be quite quick! :D

This is a copy of my post on the 'delivery poll' thread.

Waited all day yesterday - no Eglu, no phone call, nothing. I phoned Omlet this morning. Apparently half of the delivery is coming today and then the other half will arrive on another date. Three days waiting in for a delivery. Not the best way to spend my school holiday. What a shame the Omlet company good name might be marred by a terrible delivery service.

Lunch time day 2 - still no sign of the Eglu.