Luvachicken

Can anyone help identify something for me ?

We are trying to make a coat rack for the children at my pre school. We have worked out the price for the coat hooks and the wood and wanted to put some name tag things on it.

The problem is the name tag things - I know they come in brass like stuff and are a bit like a tiny picture frame but with the top missing so you can slot the name in - but I have no idea what these things are called.

You used to get them on drawers and filing cabinets and I'm sure I've seen seperate ones that you screw on.

Any one know what these things are called ? Or know of something similar ?

Thank you xxx

Tried Google imaging every conceivable variation of school/name/tags/frames/plates/cloakroom/reuseable...no luck!

I would suggest as an alternative,choosing a nice little picture & printing Business cards with a blank space,or if you are more adventurous,with the childs name,laminating them & blu-taking or drawing pinning them up.

Our nursery had,if I remember rightly,a row of cork tiles just above the pegs,so that the name tags could be secured by pin...blu-tack does lose its oomph after a while.

Thats an excellent idea and would be cheaper too. And easier than trying to pin into a hard piece of wood. Thank you xx

Mine had pictures of themselves too! REally nice as they got to take them home - I still have them and my daughter is 21 this year! Their name was printed below their picture which helped them learn spellings as well and they got to know their friends names too!! .....and very easily done with a digital camera and a laminator!

Can I suggest to begin with you have a picture for each child then when they are ready change it for picture + name then finally just their name? This helps children who cannot identify their name to find their peg quickly.

My vote is for a laminated label and velcro - velcro doesn't hurt if you stand on it unlike drawing pins :shock::D