craftyhunnypie

How do you get round your other half?

He has stated that he doesn't want a rescue dog, because they could come with problems, but he would have a puppy! Now we are getting somewhere! :wink:

He said he'd have a puppy so that we could train it to behave ( obedience) & not be a dirty dog. I can see his point!

Sister sent me pics of some Jack Russell Pups. I've fell in love with a black & white one whose head is divided perfectly in half with the black & white markings. Seen pics of the parent dogs too & it's siblings. Adorable!

They are very local to my sister - so hubby best watch out. :lol:

Men are stubborn aren't they? My sister has the same problem with her hubby not wanting a cat. :roll:

Emma.x

Well - my little doglet is coming on just brilliantly! We took him for a long walk this morning and he came home and had a good snooze! We still get the odd puddle - usually after a long walk - which is frustrating grrrrr ......but we wouldn't be without him now! He was one of my better decisions!

Emma - I adore Jack Russells but be warned, they are very independent and not always willing to be obedient, whether you get them from a pup or not! They tend to do things on their terms only. They are really smart little dogs and will entertain themselves rather than listen to you if given half a chance :lol: Real characters though! Great news that hubby is coming round to the idea of a dog :dance: Can you strike while the iron is hot?!

Louisewomble - so pleased to hear you're getting on well with your little pup, got any more photos of him now he's growing up a bit?

Emma - I adore Jack Russells but be warned, they are very independent and not always willing to be obedient, whether you get them from a pup or not! They tend to do things on their terms only. They are really smart little dogs and will entertain themselves rather than listen to you if given half a chance :lol: Real characters though! Great news that hubby is coming round to the idea of a dog :dance: Can you strike while the iron is hot?!

Louisewomble - so pleased to hear you're getting on well with your little pup, got any more photos of him now he's growing up a bit?

Yep! Lot's of piccies - but am totally clueless on how to get them posted on here!!!!! :doh:

I love being a doggy owner - it makes me smile every morning to come down to such a happy creature! He's straight on his back for a belly rub and a good tickle! :D

So much easier to train than a man! :lol:

Had to laugh. As stubborn as hubby is. Grrr. There is an advert on telly at the moment with a Border terrier on. Think could be a furniture advert? Well hubby said last night that if we had a dog like that he would call it Scruff. I like that name! :D He's doesn't seem to be giving in. Need my sister to work her magic a bit more!

Emma.x

:lol::lol: I have loved reading this thread from start to finish!!. I was bought up with dogs, then when I left home I had cats as they were more independant as I was working, then I met hubby who has a Springer Spaniel. We went through a rough patch and I 'needed' something to look after (as if 2 toddlers weren't enough :roll: ) I just went out and bought my King Charles...who by the way has cost us a new sittingroom carpet!! (which thankfully she isn't christening anymore!!)

YOU are at home all day while he goes to work..and his point is what :?: You would walk it...clean up after it...train it...he would :?::?::?: Come home and have lots of cuddles and playtime!

Sounds ideal to me :lol::lol:

Erm - yes I am at home all day. But I work too. We have a business together, but hubby still has to go back to Cheshire at the moment every week or so to do with our business.

Hubby seems to be blowing hot & cold again. Grrrrrr. One minute he's giving me the go ahead - sort of. Next minute it's a no. How can he play with my heart so cruelly?

Emma.x

when I was mythering Kev about getting a cat he said "if you want one so badly, why havent you rang up for one", i only needed telling once. i turned round and picked up the phone there and then. :D

he didnt even give me a yes, just a vague positive comment :lol:

have you had anything vaguely positive that you can grab hold of? :D

cathy

x

I hope he caves in soon. Your life sounds quite similar to mine - alone in the week, cooking, cleaning etc...getting coal in the dark!

I would try the security angle if you are alone a lot. My partner would like a dog for that reason, and he loves dogs too. Appeal to the manly beast? I read a survey by self reporting burglars who said black dogs were more intimidating to them!

I have got 3 cats when I definitely was only allowed one! The last one happened after a big argument. My partner is rubbish at resolving problems and so when I came home from the wedding that he announced he didn't want to go to half an hour before we were leaving... I had a kitten waiting for me at home when I got back. Not that I would ever recommend buying a pet for such ridiculous reasons, but...it did get me what I wanted!! 8)

I'm chipping away for the 4th, working on the premise that we have enough space for 4 cats. I'm lucky as my partner is a dog lover but we both work full time all day and can't afford a dog walker :(