craftyhunnypie

How do you get round your other half?

Oh I really feel for you, you sound quite lonely at the moment. I agree that a dog would be fantastic for you, as I work from home I am on my own for long hours and really enjoy my morning forest walk and have a good chat with the regular walkers. What about dog sitting or walking, here you need a licence but you could put a card in the local shop and see if there is any need.

Have you thought about fostering a dog? There may be an organisation near you who would love someone to take a dog for a short period or even contact the vet to see if they know of any fostering needed. Then OH would see what it would be like to have a dog but know it was short term (you may be able to make it long term :wink:)

It sounds as if after all the business of moving that things are getting you down a bit and maybe it has affected OH too but in a different way. Time hopefully will alter how both of you feel (you getting out a bit more and feeling brighter and OH being happy to consider increasing the animal count). He maybe doesn't want another change to life at the moment, but I wouldn't give up hope for the future dogwise :D

I like the 'plant the seed of an idea' method myself.

Must say though that OH surprises me at times - such as when he told me 'you know we can't have another cat' a couple of years ago, then bought the kitten I had been coveting as my Christmas present.

I wonder if the :wink: means that your OH is being as devious as mine? :think: Fingers crossed!

NO he is a bit of a grot bags at the moment, not devious!

Resigned myself to the fact of never - and I mean never having a dog. At least whilst he is around! Grrrrrrrr

I have lots of names I want to call him, but the forum wouldn't allow me to type them! :lol:

Fostering a dog wouldn't even be considered by him. Plus I'd never be able to hand the dog back! Would be too heart breaking.

I am a true animal lover, I can't help that. At the moment I also feel that I am crying out for some love, just a huggie would be nice.

Poppy cat in her basket, chooks all shut in for the night. So going to lose myself in my sewing I think!

Emma.x

... At the moment I also feel that I am crying out for some love, just a huggie would be nice ...

Oh, go on then :roll: .... ((((BIG fat squidgy huggles, squeezes)))) ... but, don't tell everyone :shh: or they'll all want one! :notalk: and do *not* ask me to lick your face and wag my tail :talk2hand: there are limits you know! :anxious:

Use the Mrs Doyle approach....

Aahhh G'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, g'wan, G'WAN

What is really funny is that a friend from my craft group rang this morning. Afterwards I went through our phone to take down her number. Then it clicked... it was her number that was advertising Jack Russell puppies in the village shop last week!!! :shock: Fate??? :pray:

Come on hubby just give in...you are not going to win this time..no way!!! :evil:

Emma.x

Emma, I say again ... wait until he is away on business, grab that pup and just make it a fait accompli! He may be a bit nose out of joint for a day or three, but, he does sound like he has a good heart and wouldn't turf the bow-wow out into the unknown (or you either :wink: )

If that is too deceitful for your ethics, then do have the "fate!" conversation with him and see if he thaws, just even the slightest bit :wink:

Well my mum thinks he is softening a bit. That's only because when I said I'm sure it's Anne's number that is the same as the one selling the pups - he said " ask her". Mum thinks he wouldn't have said that if it was a real stern no. I'm not so certain. Mum thinks he is softening because of being so ill. I don't think he would soften even if I was extremely ill !

He loves our chooks & Poppy cat to bits - why wouldn't he get to love a doggie? :think:

Tell me he would - please. :pray:

I do have a slight naughty mission. I might ring 'Anne & ask her if it was her selling the pups. If it was I might ask if I could have a look & then go for a walk with hubby & just 'call' in on her. Surely he would melt then?

What is so funny is that she lives so close by to us. Fate, definitely fate! :lol:

Emma.x

Think your mum might be right :D If he was not considering it he would not have wanted to prolong the discussion by you finding out if Anne was selling the pups. Not sure about the dropping in though or the fait accompli :? Really depends on your OH. I know that would not go down well with mine :lol: Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for you :D

Hubby is slowly coming round!!!! :shock: Thanks Sis!

Puppy pics have been emailed to him & he has even said we will have a dog one day, but he only likes scruffy haired, HMV style ones, with a patch , so he could call it Patch. Hmmm that's original! I wonder if I'm slowly getting somewhere?

Must be because of my operation I think. Bit of a sympathy thing. Ha ha

Just thought I would revive this thread, whilst it's fresh in Hubby's mind. :wink:

Emma.x