I think the Churchill is comparable to the Cube (from a number of hens point of view), and that is £360 excl run. The other one is moer comparable in size to the Eglu, I think.

Prices here:

http://hen-houses.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=13

Pleasing shape. Would be better if they were off the ground (like the Cube) as that would be better use of the groundspace. Need to see one "in the flesh" to evaluate properly.

One drawback of many other plastic coops is the level of fiddly dismantling needed to clean them so I hope Brinsea have taken note there - I think it would be a challenge to find a coop easier to clean than an Eglu

Also single skinned plastic coops can be prone to condensation but I don't know what the make up of the brinsea ones is but I hope that's been considered

The bigger Brinsea coop looks very nice, a nice coop. but the design of the smaller one seems a bit lazy and I'm not sure the high narrow shape is massively practical or stable

I have Brinsea incubators and appreciate their quality and service so a range of coops from them are sure to be successful though and I like the fact they have extended their range to include coops

Edited by Guest

The aesthetics are all a matter of personal taste. :lol: It takes me a matter of moments to give the Eglu a good fettling, so I have no complaints.

Here, here!

The ease of cleaning and the pure purpleness of my cube were the main reasons I opted to purchase it! :lol:

I love the clean lines of my cube- would love a classic too someday :D

certainly the Carefree Coops will be manufactured from a much thicker section of plastic than the Omlets.

The photograph doesn't give that impression at all.

They possibly would be but I'm almost sure they won't be double skinned which is where the Eglu comes in to it's own

As with any coop it's not about the thickness of the material it's about the design and construction