Nicola H

The F word

Did anybody see Gordon ramsey's new programme I thought it was very good, and really enjoyed the bit where he let his children pick some turkeys to keep in the garden, he had an architect build the run for them............ :D In next weeks programme he is going to show us how he is protecting his 6 turkeys from avian flu should be interesting..........

I watched it despite not liking the man. He's a pr*t and is so far up his own backside I'm surprised he can see to cook. :evil:

I wanted to see if his supposed remarks that 'Women can't cook' were taken out of context or not. It appears that they weren't and when he was asking his invited guests when they last cooked, one woman was trying to say that women have to do all the other things as well as cook whereas when men get into the kitchen to cook, then that is all they do. He didn't want to listen to that - I was dying for her to ask when he last cleaned a toilet.

I don't think I can be bothered to watch any more episodes. Bleak House was much better!

I thought it was really bad :cry::cry:

The only good bit was the Turkey keeping. I will probably end up watching it again next week just for this though :!:

I thought it was really false and looks like it is just going to be showing a load of 'has beens' trying to reinvent themselves each week. I mean come on Martine whatever her name is this week and Joan Collins next week I think.

The budget obviously does not stretch to any decent celebs

Believe me, Daniel Craig will be a super Bond - & I am a huge Bond fan!

He can act, he looks great in a tux, & he has the dirty/dangerous thing going on too.

I think that this will be a very different Bond film from the last one, which was a bit too slick for my liking,despite the wonderful Pierce Brosnan

Pierce Brosnan was my favourite up until now as I never "got" Sean Connery or Roger Moore.

Favourite Bond film ever - its got to be "Goldeneye"

:shock: Another topic gone to seed, then? :lol::lol:

I didn't see the cookery one, Lesley. Know what you mean about G.R. but couldn't help watching the other progs. he's done.

Met Ainsley on holiday once & he's really lovely. Enthusiastic, but very genuine, pleasant, polite and great with children. 8)

Well, I watched a bit of Bleak House but didn't have a chance to watch it all, so now I'm really cross with myself for not taping. Good dramatisation, would loved to have watched it all. Bit dark for my eyesight though, straining to recognise faces in the candlelight, could have used a bit of artistic licence & made it a bit brighter. :wink:

I wasn't going to bother with Bleak House but caught the first episode and thought it was great so tuned in last night too. I try to avoid dramas etc that go on for weeks and weeks because they sap up so much of your time but I think this one is worth it - I know you mean about it being very dark Shiela but you could do what I did and turn up the brightness on your TV a little :wink:

Re: the descent of this thread (i.e. men gazing) - please don't make me feel any worse! - I'm already feeling bad about popping out to the chip shop last night and finding myself drooling over a drop dead gorgeous 17/18 year old with a skateboard!!! :oops::oops::oops::roll:

It was soooo awful Lesley! I found myself wanting to catch his eye forgetting that I was no longer firm, toned and smooth! I figured at 30 I should be able to attempt the older/more experienced woman (Mrs Robindon style) approach but I had cat's blood on my T-Shirt so had to keep my jumper on :roll: I really wished I could pop home and slap on some make-up and a push-up bra! - Don't get the wrong idea - I didn't want to touch him (much :wink: ) - it's just that it would have been nice if I could have caught his eye (of course it's very difficult trying to look remotely sexy in a chip shop!!) :oops::oops: ...... anyway must dash there's a policeman knocking on the door .........